Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So what are the chance that a supercharger is built from scratch? There is a big parking lot near Charlemagne,QC and in one part of the lot, there was nothing built yet. They started some digging and the company doing the construction is a electrical company :rolleyes: Pretty sure this is not it anyway lol...
A picture says a million words...

New supercharger operational at Hwy 7 and woodbine next to Kelsey

I stopped for a quick charge

Attachments

• 38E28CF4-0CC5-4631-B2CE-2538B18511B7.jpeg
    38E28CF4-0CC5-4631-B2CE-2538B18511B7.jpeg
    364.5 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: Avronp
Ok i'm anoying. I was in Quebec City for the last 3 days and when I left I noticed construction on the corner of the highway 40 and Pierre-Bertrand street in the parking of the Mikes. I thought it look like supercharger construction.

I think you're seeing Superchargers in your sleep. :)

They're building new stores. It doesn't look like Superchargers. (Unless it's a 40-station centre which will have its own building.)

I don’t think that is relevant. Sales of Tesla vehicles will be the determining factor. Of course the sales may be a little lower.
I suspect for a year at least they will be a lot slower in Ontario. It is very clear that incentives make a difference. The three provinces with the incentives were by far the ones with the most ev sales. Just did the math, using 2017 numbers:
(Ev sales per million population)
Ontario 282
Québec. 434
BC. 221
Alberta. 51
Manitoba. 26
NB. 50

I suspect for a year at least they will be a lot slower in Ontario. It is very clear that incentives make a difference. The three provinces with the incentives were by far the ones with the most ev sales. Just did the math, using 2017 numbers:
(Ev sales per million population)
Ontario 282
Québec. 434
BC. 221
Alberta. 51
Manitoba. 26
NB. 50

Clearly incentives make a difference, but I think there is more to it than that. You would have to adjust for population. Manitoba and New Brunswick have much lower populations than Ontario and therefore fewer potential buyers.Even with incentives, those provinces would never see Ontario or Quebec numbers. And right now I would guess that more urban dwellers are interested in EVs and Ontario has the big urban populations.

Clearly incentives make a difference, but I think there is more to it than that. You would have to adjust for population. Manitoba and New Brunswick have much lower populations than Ontario and therefore fewer potential buyers.Even with incentives, those provinces would never see Ontario or Quebec numbers. And right now I would guess that more urban dwellers are interested in EVs and Ontario has the big urban populations.
The rest of your post notwithstanding, he clearly did adjust for population. The numbers quoted were EVs sold per million population.

• Funny
Reactions: MarcoRP
I think that I’ve found a good location for the future Ste-Eulalie Supercharger. There is a rest stop station going up in Saint-Louis-de-Blanford and, per a location on PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You, there will be 4 Circuit Électrique DC Fast chargers and (CÉ) base chargers there. I think that there would be enough output for it to handle a Supercharger.

As for the location, I think the reason the marker was placed at Ste-Eulalie is probably because Tesla would want an easier access to Trois-Rivières from Lévis, Drummondville being the access from Montreal, and this would be an easy access for travellers from Quebec City and also from Victoriaville. Then again, where in the world is the Trois-Rivières Supercharger?

Reactions: Michelx
The rest of your post notwithstanding, he clearly did adjust for population. The numbers quoted were EVs sold per million population.
I should have checked sooner. You got it right PlusEV ...the numbers are population adjusted which clearly shows the effects of the incentives. Alberta is less than one fourth of BC’s, one fifth of Ontario’s and one eighth of Quebec’s.