Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, so I'm a new user to the forums and trying to figure out how posting works because I signed up to post about the new Wawa supercharger, but three attempts now to either create a thread about it or reply on this thread have resulted in posts that are not viewable by the public. It appears that it's because I put a link to a Facebook page that confirms the Wawa supercharger location, so my apologies if at some point in the future all of those threads and posts suddenly appear.

So, now that the caveats are over, it appears that the location for the Wawa charger is now official - SPG in Wawa announced it on their Facebook page (which I am unable to link to here as noted above, but which is easily findable via a Google search for "spg wawa" if someone else with more permissions wants to post the link)
SPG Swipe Pump and Go

• Helpful
Reactions: SammichLover
For those who don't want to go to FB, It's just the following image:

Wawa, ONT.JPG

For those who don't want to go to FB, It's just the following image:

View attachment 449785
Hah, true - I guess I could have just screenshotted it, although I have no idea if I would have had permissions to post a picture either.

Too bad that this location is slightly off the Trans-Canada - mean someone has to detour while driving through in order to confirm anything (vs SSM, Blind River and Espanola which you can see while whipping by on the highway as I did this past weekend)

Hah, true - I guess I could have just screenshotted it, although I have no idea if I would have had permissions to post a picture either.

Too bad that this location is slightly off the Trans-Canada - mean someone has to detour while driving through in order to confirm anything (vs SSM, Blind River and Espanola which you can see while whipping by on the highway as I did this past weekend)
I believe you need 10 posts (or some similar number) to get your posting permissions loosened up on this forum. You're almost there!

Just called Batchawana Bay, and the lady I spoke with said that they didn't have availability over the summer to get their Tesla charging station installed but they are thinking next spring or possibly this fall. This tells me that they will be the site for the supercharger, and that it is in Permitted state at best - I called Voyageur Pump, address 11028 Hwy 17 N, Batchawana Bay, ON P0S 0A4.

Reactions: navguy12
Just called Batchawana Bay, and the lady I spoke with said that they didn't have availability over the summer to get their Tesla charging station installed but they are thinking next spring or possibly this fall. This tells me that they will be the site for the supercharger, and that it is in Permitted state at best - I called Voyageur Pump, address 11028 Hwy 17 N, Batchawana Bay, ON P0S 0A4.
Seems to close to the Soo. Also, she could easily be talking about destination chargers or something else. Everything else on the TCH seems to be getting built out this summer/fall so waiting till next year doesn't make sense either.

Reactions: JSergeant
Bacewana is s on Tesla’s web site as a planned location. The gap between the Soo and Wawa is longer than most other gaps so you need something in between. And this is literally the only place between them. As you can see from my previously posted picture there’s even signs for ICE cars warning them about the distance to the next gas station.

Bacewana is s on Tesla’s web site as a planned location. The gap between the Soo and Wawa is longer than most other gaps so you need something in between. And this is literally the only place between them. As you can see from my previously posted picture there’s even signs for ICE cars warning them about the distance to the next gas station.
Similar to the sign in my profile pic, taken in Green River, Utah. It’s the longest gap on the US interstate system.

Heads-up to all - pedestals just arrived for the supercharger site in Saint John, NB: Supercharger - Saint John, NB

This likely indicates that all of those in-progress Supercharger sites are going to start coming online rapidly in the next few months.

Yay!
Unfortunately not V3, and we’ve seen at least some V2 pedestals coming out, so this might not yet be the start for those V3 SC builds in Ontario & West that are waiting on pedestals.

The Tesla folks are trying to find a few locations in the Ottawa area for Supercharging stations. The issue Tesla has, is that parking owners aren't willing to give up 20 parking spots to "Tesla only" charging. We need to help Tesla find a parking owner near food and restaurants in the western part of Ottawa willing to give Tesla 20 parking spots.

The Tesla folks are trying to find a few locations in the Ottawa area for Supercharging stations. The issue Tesla has, is that parking owners aren't willing to give up 20 parking spots to "Tesla only" charging. We need to help Tesla find a parking owner near food and restaurants in the western part of Ottawa willing to give Tesla 20 parking spots.

I can't think of a better place than the strip mall where IKEA is (Pinecrest?) .