Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's for the new Model A...(amphibious) :wink:

... although the icon looks like it's in the middle of the river...

- - - Updated - - -

I like it!!!...every Supercharger could attach a sales kiosk and be a store! :biggrin:

Tesla should always include L2 chargers next to the superchargers.

Think about the selling opportunity: Other brand of cars get to see all the different colors of Tesla Model S, come and go, while they charge on the L2 chargers... :)

Tesla should always include L2 chargers next to the superchargers.

Think about the selling opportunity: Other brand of cars get to see all the different colors of Tesla Model S, come and go, while they charge on the L2 chargers... :)

I agree, this is brilliant. Consider also putting in a discreet sign that says "Energy supplied free of charge courtesy Tesla Motors". Heck, why not, you could have a car parked all day at an L2 (30A) and it would consume as much energy as one Model S full charge.

Even if there is no way the current EV owner can afford it, he may know others who can.

I agree, this is brilliant. Consider also putting in a discreet sign that says "Energy supplied free of charge courtesy Tesla Motors". Heck, why not, you could have a car parked all day at an L2 (30A) and it would consume as much energy as one Model S full charge.

Even if there is no way the current EV owner can afford it, he may know others who can.

I, too, am in agreement with the awesome idea. However, aren't we getting a little off track? Shouldn't we be bitchin' about Kingston site and stuff?

What's this about an owner Q&A? What did we learn?

Elon fielded a few questions at an owner event at the NAIAS. One was about Canadian Supercharger deployment. Concretely, we didn't learn much. He said we soon would be able to drive from Quebec City to Vancouver on Superchargers (adding that it would require dipping down a bit into the States.)

It was clear that he is aware of the delays there have been in getting critical Canadian sites up and running.

I've been speaking with Patrick from Tesla's destination charging program about HPWC locations for Barrie, Burlington, Toronto, and Ottawa, and the MEC stores have been open to the idea and are currently in talks about costs and possible use charges or free to members...

The subject has also come up about Kingston, Coburg and North Bay HPWC's. Are there any business owners from Kingston or North Bay on here that have a parking spot and a spare 100amps? This would certainly help at the moment."

FYI, I spoke with Patrick yesterday and connected him with my contact in Kingston to scout out HPWC locations. Unfortunately, this will likely take some time (you know...red tape) so I offered this as an alternative:

"If you cannot get something up and running quickly with "contact", I may be willing to set one up at my house (I will own a Tesla...one day!). We are located very close to highway 401 (2km) and are 1km walk to Starbucks/Costco and several other dinning/shopping options. Not perfect...but pretty decent now that I consider it more closely. We are in a very safe, middle upper class neighbourhood. You won't find our exact address on Google maps as our street is brand new. Here is the approximate location...we could have things up and running very quickly (but need to run this by my wife first...lol). Let me know if this is an opportunity you would like to explore."

I'm assuming this could be installed very quickly (1 day) once received from Tesla...so I'm thinking we could have it ready to go in 1-2 weeks. This is not a perfect solution...but it is what I can offer (more like a plugshare). It's a 1km neighbourhood stroll to Starbucks/Chapters, grocery, Costco, drug store and a handful of dining options. Give me some feedback...would this work for you guys? My wife thinks it's (I'm) a bit crazy, but will support it. I think it's a bit crazy that you guys can't get from Montreal/Ottawa to Toronto yet...and who knows if there will be further delays with the SC install here.

Let me know what you think.

FYI, I spoke with Patrick yesterday and connected him with my contact in Kingston to scout out HPWC locations. Unfortunately, this will likely take some time (you know...red tape) so I offered this as an alternative:

"If you cannot get something up and running quickly with "contact", I may be willing to set one up at my house (I will own a Tesla...one day!). We are located very close to highway 401 (2km) and are 1km walk to Starbucks/Costco and several other dinning/shopping options. Not perfect...but pretty decent now that I consider it more closely. We are in a very safe, middle upper class neighbourhood. You won't find our exact address on Google maps as our street is brand new. Here is the approximate location...we could have things up and running very quickly (but need to run this by my wife first...lol). Let me know if this is an opportunity you would like to explore."

I'm assuming this could be installed very quickly (1 day) once received from Tesla...so I'm thinking we could have it ready to go in 1-2 weeks. This is not a perfect solution...but it is what I can offer (more like a plugshare). It's a 1km neighbourhood stroll to Starbucks/Chapters, grocery, Costco, drug store and a handful of dining options. Give me some feedback...would this work for you guys? My wife thinks it's (I'm) a bit crazy, but will support it. I think it's a bit crazy that you guys can't get from Montreal/Ottawa to Toronto yet...and who knows if there will be further delays with the SC install here.

Let me know what you think.

By gosh, you are a hardcore fanboy. That's pretty great of you. Maybe you should open a little cafe with this charger. JavaChargé we'll call it. The only drawback is you're in an upper-middle-class neighbourhood and hey, we're Tesla people and we expect top-notch super classy neighbourhoods avec panaché so... you know, like something like Scarborough in Toronto or Point St Charles in Montreal! You would have Tesla's parked on your property all the time. You aren't concerned that your neighbours would get suspicious?