Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Montreal store Manager this morning during his speach at the Tesla Weekend Social stated that there would be 4-5 more Supercharger sites open in Quebec before the end of the summer. Even said that construction already started for some of them. He could not give us more details for now but would have more info to share at the next Social event in a month or so.

Montreal store Manager this morning during his speach at the Tesla Weekend Social stated that there would be 4-5 more Supercharger sites open in Quebec before the end of the summer. Even said that construction already started for some of them. He could not give us more details for now but would have more info to share at the next Social event in a month or so.
Now that is very good news indeed. I assume if construction has in fact started it would be in either the Riviere du Loup or Magog spots.

Reactions: Jaff
Why? Toronto and Woodstock SCs are both about 100km from Grimsby, well within reach in any weather with any battery.

There will probably be superchargers at the new service location in Burlington, but Tesla would be putting them there primarily for service and deliveries. Once it's there, it will get used for trips and it will spread the load out, but I wouldn't say it's needed for trips.
Because I for one would use it aside from the twice in 11 months since acquiring my MS

Who does the mentioning you speak of? Is this just some wishful thinking and loose discussions or is something from Tesla HQ indicating a push in Burlington or Oakville?

Try perusing here Canadian Stores and Service Centers

In fact I asked them again today at Tranmere service and they say its still likely happening. They are swamped and need another facility. I had to just buy my tires from them, pick them up, and get someone else to put them on because I could not get an appointment for 4 weeks at Tranmere or Lawrence!

Hmmmmm... interesting...

We know about RdL and Magog... probably Qc city? That would be 3. I surely hope #4 will be MONTREAL...

They are swamped and need another facility.
100%. It's past due, in fact why not open 2, one in Oakville / Burlington and one in Markham or downtown if they can swing it.

I just got a 3+ week out appointment for a safety-related issue.

As for SC's at SC's (that was convenient : ) I say every single store that can, and especially every Service Centre, should have a bank of 8 SC's minimum.

I get really worried about this complete control of servicing but with such a long wait. I can't help but wonder if this whole dream is sustainable, let alone expandable... ? The existing cars are aging and will need more service, not less. All the while more cars are hitting the road.

Hmmmmm... interesting...

We know about RdL and Magog... probably Qc city? That would be 3. I surely hope #4 will be MONTREAL...

Pretty sure the 4th one is somewhere in or close to Montreal as he also said that they don't count the Superchargers at the Montreal store as real SC.

I might go look at some possible sites on the island along the 40 or 20 for hints of a future SC. Marché Central, Place Vertu, Rockland, Anjou, Dorval, etc.

Pretty sure the 4th one is somewhere in or close to Montreal as he also said that they don't count the Superchargers at the Montreal store as real SC.

I might go look at some possible sites on the island along the 40 or 20 for hints of a future SC. Marché Central, Place Vertu, Rockland, Anjou, Dorval, etc.

I think you're right about the Montreal area. Dix30 is another possibility that has come up in rumours on this forum.

I don't think construction has started in Magog, because someone using the CHAdeMO there would have spotted it.

As for RDL, someone is checking every week and nothing was going on a few days ago, unless they've changed the site.

I think you're right about the Montreal area. Dix30 is another possibility that has come up in rumours on this forum.

I don't think construction has started in Magog, because someone using the CHAdeMO there would have spotted it.

As for RDL, someone is checking every week and nothing was going on a few days ago, unless they've changed the site.

Found the new Montreal SC in Place Vertu. It's under construction. I posted pictures here.
New Montreal Supercharger under construction at Place Vertu

I have now heard from two (non-company) sources that Tesla is looking at shopping centers around Ottawa to host a Supercharger site. The good news is that it sounds like it's happening soon-ish.

Any good location would obviously need to have good access to the 417. Probably the best connected central location would be Westgate. The much larger Carlingwood would also be okay, but less convenient to the highway. There's another small mall near Westgate but all it has going for it is a Swiss Chalet.

Going Eastward the Trainyards might be a good location, though I'm not familiar with the parking situation there. St Laurent is probably a no-go because of the overly crowded parking lot; ICEing would be a big issue.

Going west there's Bayshore, but that wouldn't be my go-to location. Lots of stuff in the mall but the multistory parking lot is a pain in the butt. Centrum in Kanata could be a good location, except that it's really kinda out of the way if you're traveling from Montreal or Kingston. And there are no Superchargers on Highway 7 or 17 going west.

The open question is what this says about the promised sales/service center. One possibility is that any suitable location wouldn't be a good Supercharger location. That's plausible given you'd want good highway access and there probably aren't a lot of suitable locations. Another possibility of course is that they're not moving forward with a service center at this time.