Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I fail to understand the humour in this.
Boston Pizza was really the only reliable food source that was near the Kingston Supercharger.
The Swiss Chalet and Pinara Bread are OK but blah!
I put this out to fellow owners about the fire issue there and did not expect snarky remarks.
Maybe I won't bother next time!
I didn't mean to hit so close to home. I apologize.

It is definitely doable since I have taken 4 trips to N.S. in the last few years. None of those have been to Halifax. If someone is going to the northern parts of the province or to PEI the ferries are just not convenient.
I have done this trip via Riviere du Loup and via Maine. It is not that one cannot do the drive, it is that it is such a long stretch from the last SC's and one more at Woodstock would have saved literally hours off the drive. And the main feeling I have is that I feel like someone has been dangling a carrot before me for two years and has now yanked it away. I am very serious when I say that a part of my decision to buy our Model S was that the drive to the Maritimes looked like it was going to be relatively almost as convenient as most other routes over North American, with the Rivière du Loup and Woodstock SC's "coming soon". R du L SC is finally up but too late for 2016's driving season? I have come to this forum for two years now watching for activity on the eastern Canadian build out and it has generally been a long frustrating vigil. Given the reply to my email I expect that the earliest we will see a SC in the Maritimes will be on the "coming in 2018" map, which probably means being built in late 2018 after the summer driving season, effectively being 5 years of waiting for me.
No question that I love the car and love the direction that the company is doing in the whole alternative energy realm to save the planet. Thanks for the opportunity to vent my frustrations. I still am an absolute fanboy of Tesla. Just a frustrated one.
I understand your pain and do not disagree. The destination chargers and Level 2 chargers are helpful but not a SC. It is strange that they removed the Woodstock one. It is disappointing but we do not know if there is another plan. Lets hope.

Reactions: Jaff
It is strange that they removed the Woodstock one. It is disappointing but we do not know if there is another plan. Lets hope.
Tesla's future supercharger maps have always been aspirational. And probabilistic. I don't think it's valid to conclude that anything has been "removed". All it means is that the probability of it happening in the near future has dipped below some threshold. Or somebody was careless. Superchargers also appear regularly that were never on any map. It's not as though Tesla puts their best people on keeping anybody informed about anything. Or making maps. It's probably some intern's spare time task.

So don't take it too seriously, for good or ill. Sorry, that's just the way it's been and likely will continue. Some disappointments, some pleasant surprises. Never accuracy.

Reactions: TooManyAirMiles
I didn't mean to hit so close to home. I apologize.

I too was going to comment that Boston Pizza was no great loss.

For the record, your comment wasn't snarky. Certainly no worse than DroneFlyer saying Swiss Chalet / Panera Bread were "blah".

I won't speculate why DroneFlyer took your dislike of Boston Pizza personally but will instead thank them for being active in the forum and posting the update.

Myself, I take the walk over the KFC or whatever else is closer to the main road.

I was just on the Model3Tracker.info site now that they have guestimate pricing (I hope it costs less than they show) and saw that Toronto is still number 1 on the leaderboard for reservations input and Ottawa is 10th at 35 reservations (34 new to Tesla!). I hope this shows Tesla they need local SvC and SC finally!

I too was going to comment that Boston Pizza was no great loss.

For the record, your comment wasn't snarky. Certainly no worse than DroneFlyer saying Swiss Chalet / Panera Bread were "blah".

I won't speculate why DroneFlyer took your dislike of Boston Pizza personally but will instead thank them for being active in the forum and posting the update.

Myself, I take the walk over the KFC or whatever else is closer to the main road.
Was more of a commentary about Boston Pizza's food, It wasn't a dig at drone. But in the end I realized Boston Pizza's are usually franchised, and that was someone's business and a kitchen fire could be devastating, hence my tapering down of my original comments.

Reactions: Falkirk
I've been to hundreds of superchargers in north america and have only seen stalls as busy as Toronto in California. I had to return to the Toronto supercharger site three times in two days when I was visiting Toronto mid-week in order to get adequate access to a stall. There were consistently several cars parked overnight and there doesn't seem to be much interest in clearing them out quickly. Does not the overtime access fee apply in Canada yet?
The Toronto store seemed to be hugely overwhelmed, under-staffed and in need of love. With Toronto being such an intense market is there hope for a second store in the area? Or a third?

• Informative
I've been to hundreds of superchargers in north america and have only seen stalls as busy as Toronto in California. I had to return to the Toronto supercharger site three times in two days when I was visiting Toronto mid-week in order to get adequate access to a stall. There were consistently several cars parked overnight and there doesn't seem to be much interest in clearing them out quickly. Does not the overtime access fee apply in Canada yet?
The Toronto store seemed to be hugely overwhelmed, under-staffed and in need of love. With Toronto being such an intense market is there hope for a second store in the area? Or a third?
If you have any business right downtown Toronto, there are several parking garages that have L2 charging. Also, there are several hotels that offer this as well, although generally they are pricier hotels.

• Helpful
I wonder if the supercharger idle fee is charged to Tesla service centre staff people ;)

Hundreds??I w
Come on down to South Florida - plenty of waiting there too - both Plantation and West Palm can get pretty dicey. I was surprised at Marathon once with all stalls full (only 4 of them there). South Florida has a huge Tesla population and there are real SC issues here. HOWEVER, there are more on the map for 2017. There is a service center under construction in Coral Gables but where there will be SC there is not known. I would be happy with even a 2 stall "temporary - like the one at Bethesda Md" at Woodstock, Moncton and Halifax. Its really a problem. Your problem is waiting, the Maritimes are totally bereft!

I found Florida not that bad on the last couple trips. I didn't have to wait for a spot at least. And yes, my total SC count in North America is 104 different locations now. This car makes me drive more than any car I've owned.

Hoping to get to Halifax this summer. Don't see any plans on the Tesla site for Easter Canada.

Hundreds??I w
Come on down to South Florida - plenty of waiting there too - both Plantation and West Palm can get pretty dicey. I was surprised at Marathon once with all stalls full (only 4 of them there). South Florida has a huge Tesla population and there are real SC issues here. HOWEVER, there are more on the map for 2017. There is a service center under construction in Coral Gables but where there will be SC there is not known. I would be happy with even a 2 stall "temporary - like the one at Bethesda Md" at Woodstock, Moncton and Halifax. Its really a problem. Your problem is waiting, the Maritimes are totally bereft!