Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was an attempt at Humour! I See nothing wrong with trying to persuade Tesla to expedite their Canadian Commitments!

Lighten up!

I now see Edmonton has a cone!
No i know just poking fun too just forgot the;)

Good tactic cuz Maybe tesla is watching your posts and trying to prove you wrong, remember "no more Canadian superchargers till 2018".

Reactions: Dax279
I keep checking the Supercharge website everyday to see those new orange construction cones.
Perhaps someday in a land far far away, i might see one in the Ottawa region!

I know you're being tongue in check, but I've decided not to stress about whether they build a service center or supercharger. I'm on my third Tesla now and there's nothing on the horizon. Ottawa is simply not a priority.

We are now a few days into August and other than Levis there does not appear to be any SC construction going on in Eastern Canada. I am beginning to think that Drone Flyer was right and the actual installations will be a very small fraction of what Tesla announced.

Reactions: Drone Flyer
Reactions: Jaff
More information on CHAdeMO installations in Nova Scotia. The basic summery is that Nova Scotia Power has a RFP out for partners to install CHAdeMO at their locations. The goal is to have 12 installations ready for use in Spring 2018. Here is the press release:
Leading the charge; Nova Scotia Power connecting electric vehicles coast to coast with fast charging network | Nova Scotia Power

Note - these are not Tesla SC, this is CHAdeMO Level 3.

The headline "leading the charge" is rather funny as they will end up a year behind NB Power who are now almost complete the 10 Level 3's on the Trans Canada. All kidding aside, both this and the NB installs are huge news for those of us who drive in the Maritimes - and those living in the area year round. What a difference a year makes though as when I came up home to NB last year, I was limping into SJ after having used the Bangor Nissan dealer. Fantastic!

Reactions: SmartElectric
The headline "leading the charge" is rather funny as they will end up a year behind NB Power who are now almost complete the 10 Level 3's on the Trans Canada. All kidding aside, both this and the NB installs are huge news for those of us who drive in the Maritimes - and those living in the area year round. What a difference a year makes though as when I came up home to NB last year, I was limping into SJ after having used the Bangor Nissan dealer. Fantastic!

I think they were comparing themselves to St. Pierre & Miquelon...those guys in St. Pierre & Miquelon aren't even on the EV map...

Since we're talking CHAdeMO and not SCs shouldn't this be taking place in the CHAdeMo thread?

Perhaps, but given there was supposed to be a SC in NB and now it is off the map, it is a helpful bit of info for those planning to traverse, NB, NS and PEI. (especially those from far off parts of North America wondering if they can get to The Cliffs to golf.... haha) Given all Eastern Canada is lumped here, helping folks with a workaround has merit.

Reactions: Jaff
Well today I went to City Hall in Owen Sound and asked if Tesla had applied for a permit for the Supercharger yet. Nothing yet.
It's analogous to trying to get paid by a client who really isn't going to pay you because of possible money issues and they are skirting the issue by telling you it's coming soon. They'll even ask for your bank info so it looks like you'll be paid by wire transfer but you know, deep down, they have no intention of paying.