Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla folks are trying to find a few locations in the Ottawa area for Supercharging stations. The issue Tesla has, is that parking owners aren't willing to give up 20 parking spots to "Tesla only" charging. We need to help Tesla find a parking owner near food and restaurants in the western part of Ottawa willing to give Tesla 20 parking spots.
Do not take this post literally. (See photo). I asked the poster of that if there was actual construction in that CT parking lot. Apparently he was only looking at Tesla’s Find Us map, but it could maybe worth a quick peek.@Doug_G (not asking about mod editing), don’t you work near Nepean? Could you check this location out?

Attachments

• 60D6EFDB-5F5D-428F-B63D-0CDCEB49BA03.jpeg
    60D6EFDB-5F5D-428F-B63D-0CDCEB49BA03.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 87
Last edited by a moderator:
The Tesla folks are trying to find a few locations in the Ottawa area for Supercharging stations. The issue Tesla has, is that parking owners aren't willing to give up 20 parking spots to "Tesla only" charging. We need to help Tesla find a parking owner near food and restaurants in the western part of Ottawa willing to give Tesla 20 parking spots.
Really? I doubt that Tesla is crowd-sourcing locations for their SCs. They already seem to have partnerships with a few companies like Cadillac-Fairview and SmartCentres on charging locations. Are there any Smartcentres in the Western part of the Ottawa region?

The other question is how many more SCs will be built in Ottawa? There is one scheduled for Nepean. Is there the need for more beyond that one plus the one in the Rideau Centre?

The perfect spot in Ottawa is at Bayshore Mall. It would cover the 416 and 417 heading west. But with that parking lot slammed during busy seasons the second best location would be somewhere along the strip in Bells Corners as it would cover both highways as well. But it’s a bit off the road.

Reactions: surfaholic
Do not take this post literally. (See photo). I asked the poster of that if there was actual construction in that CT parking lot. Apparently he was only looking at Tesla’s Find Us map, but it could maybe worth a quick peek.@Doug_G (not asking about mod editing), don’t you work near Nepean? Could you check this location out?

I shop there frequently. I haven't gone over to specifically have a look, but I haven't seen anything under construction.

There are a lot of brownouts across Quebec currently due to high winds. I don't have a report from any Supercharger, but a glance at the outage map would indicate the one in Pointe-Claire is probably offline for now.

Service interruptions | Power outages | Hydro-Québec

Edit: Drummondville and Madrid 2.0 in St-Aston-de-Leonard (misnamed St-Eulalie by Tesla) are down.

Last edited:
Service has been reestablished at Pointe Claire and Drummondville, but is still out at Madrid 2.0 in St-Leonard-d'Aston (strangely called St Eulalie by Tesla).

Here is the statement by Hydro QC regarding the outages due to Friday's storm :

Service interruptions
Power outages across Québec caused by strong winds
November 03, 2019
Day 3: Fall storm

The strong winds over the last few days caused numerous power outages in many regions of Québec. There are still a significant number of outages in Montérégie, Laurentides, Chaudière-Appalaches, Estrie and Centre-du-Québec.

Today, more than 1,400 employees are hard at work to restore service. To speed up service restoration, utilities from Ontario, Detroit, Nova-Scotia are sending help, as are other Québec companies.

Given the considerable extent of the event, it is difficult for us to predict how long it will take for power to be restored.

In some areas, complete sections of the power system must be rebuilt. In others, transformers and poles must be replaced. This means that equipment must be prepared and shipped from all over Québec. Rest assured that crews will be working day and night to restore service as fast as possible.

We appreciate that the situation is difficult for our customers. We thank you for your understanding and patience.

The IKEA strip mall would be a good idea! I was also thinking having Superchargers at Tanger Outlets by the Canadian Tire Center... (good for people coming to events/shows/games out of town)
Agree for the most part! I feel IKEA or Bayshore would be the best at would serve both the 416/417 routes. Tanger Outletls(417) or Costco/Barrhaven(416) would only serve one route in my opinion(unless they did both). Although I would like to the see the Renfrew and Perth superchargers go in before another Ottawa Supercharger. I got my car Sep 2018 based on the fact the Tesla Supercharger Map at one point said both Perth and the Renfrew superchargers would be done by the end of 2018. Clearly that was wishful thinking and before I learned about 'Elon time' and now we have neither one and it will be 2020 soon . . .

Is there an SC in the downtown core of Montreal? We do have such SCs in the heart of downtown Toronto (Toronto Eaton Centre), Vancouver (Pacific Place) and Ottawa (Rideau Centre). The Montreal counterpart would be something like Bonaventure.

Chatted with mobile service when car was being worked on, asked about when the path to Thunder Bay from Toronto will be turned on since it looks like everything is in place in a number of the locations. He pulled up a spreadsheet that he just got and asked when I was headed up, I said Dec 12th, he said, don't complain if it is not on, but it looks like you could even leave on the 10th if I wanted. So no guarantees, but looks like Wawa, Sault etc might be turned on by then.

The IKEA strip mall would be a good idea! I was also thinking having Superchargers at Tanger Outlets by the Canadian Tire Center... (good for people coming to events/shows/games out of town)

Problem with ikea is that mall parking lot is a NIGHTMARE at even half peak.. I've legit had it take 20 minutes to get from ikea to the highway just because it's so poorly designed and full..

I still think Bayshore or Costco would be okay, maybe even bells corners cause it's reasonably close to both highways ?