Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone - I was driving right past the Toronto supercharger on Sunday so decided to stop for a quick rest / charge. I had 236km range on my S85 at the time, so a bit more than half a charge. The charger was only giving me 138 km/hr range, which seemed absurdly low. I know I was well past where a taper would start, but I've pulled in with 200 km range left and seen 350 km/hr rates.

Was something wrong? Does this seem strange to anyone? Wondering if it was an isolated incident.

Hey everyone - I was driving right past the Toronto supercharger on Sunday so decided to stop for a quick rest / charge. I had 236km range on my S85 at the time, so a bit more than half a charge. The charger was only giving me 138 km/hr range, which seemed absurdly low. I know I was well past where a taper would start, but I've pulled in with 200 km range left and seen 350 km/hr rates.

Was something wrong? Does this seem strange to anyone? Wondering if it was an isolated incident.

I was there at 7pm last night Sunday and had about 100Km. Plugged in and ran at 500plus no problem. Was at station 1A if that is any help.

Last edited:

Try moving to a different stall if it happens again.

You will notice that the stalls are numbered 1A, 2A, 3A, 1B, 2B, 3B. You want to avoid using charging station 1A if 1B is being used (and the same for 2A & 2B or 3A & 3B). This is because the A & B stations are shared and cannot provide full power to both stations at the same time. On the other hand, it is OK if the car on the other half has finished charging.

Try moving to a different stall if it happens again.

It would also be nice if there were any news about the London area one so the link to the US is feasible. Buffalo??

Well, i think 85's can make it to Albany from Kingston. It is 230 miles (370km) if going "diagonally" thru Watertown/Utica. A good deal of the way will have to be ~90km/h and the road is quite hilly. Won't work if bad weather/winter. I'm planning to go for it for Easter! Actually opposite direction since I live in NJ. There are level II chargers in Watertown area at diners etc if things look bad, but that would suck with 30km/hr charge rate.

I am contemplating traveling to the Custer SD, Tesla gathering May 15th - May 17th. Great completed Supercharger chain from Maumee, OH to Rapid City, SD. But Toronto to Maumee is 500km (~315 miles). So, a Level 2 charge in the Chatham area is necessary unless the planned SC for the area materializes by then.

Well, i think 85's can make it to Albany from Kingston. It is 230 miles (370km) if going "diagonally" thru Watertown/Utica. A good deal of the way will have to be ~90km/h and the road is quite hilly. Won't work if bad weather/winter. I'm planning to go for it for Easter! Actually opposite direction since I live in NJ. There are level II chargers in Watertown area at diners etc if things look bad, but that would suck with 30km/hr charge rate.

I've been looking at that; I do a trip that way every spring. Last time the Albany Supercharger opened the week after (as usual).

It helps that people drive relatively slow in New York - the cops really enforce the speed limits. If the weather is good it's probably fine. Syracuse has a "2014" red dot, though, and that will make it an easy trip.

I'm looking at the 2014 map and thinking that for my trip down south in March I might go from Port Perry to Kingston, cross into Ogdensburg, and then (hopefully) take the 81 down towards where you can hook up to the I-95 in the Virginia area. The SC map for 2014 shows 3 sites that are supposed to still be built along this route. It might be better than crossing my fingers for Buffalo and a long drive into the next supercharger in PA.