Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do not forget that Montreal will have 2 SuperCharger at under 120KM distance. It not like the one in Toronto where you need to wait for the battery to be full to make it to Cornwall, ON or Comber, ON. Even Toronto to Kingston is a bit far.

I hate this part of town because of the traffic, but it pretty much perfect if your taking the Transcanadian Highway.

I wonder what the Montreal SuperCharger would mean for Casselman, ON plan SuperCharger... Will it be canceled and install one in Ottawa instead. To me that would make more sense. Ottawa is under 200km away from Kingston and Montreal anyway. It would at the same time power more of the Transcanada highway.

Maybe Tesla want to go back with a vengence on Canada in 2015 and allow cross country travel :)

My dream for 2015 would be to get access to the city Gaspé in Québec, and connect Eastern Canada province.

AFAIK the 417 Supercharger is still planned. It would be helpful if you can't Supercharge while in Montreal, except that the current positioning appears too far from Montreal and too close to Ottawa. I guess it would be more useful for Montreal visitors to Ottawa though. Really it should be at the midpoint, but I'm not sure if there are any good locations there.

I doubt they'll install one in Ottawa unless they open a store/service center here. They surely must be at the point where there are enough vehicles here to warrant a service center here.

The gap from Toronto to Kingston is definitely too large, especially in the winter. You certainly won't be able to blaze along in the fast lane. You'll want to get in the slow lane and follow a truck or something.

They originally had a dot in the Belleville/Cobourg corridor, but it disappeared.

If Tesla can keep up the pace of the past 6 months, adding around 250 stations per year (or more), and especially if a couple of other automakers get on the supercharger bandwagon with Tesla, this kind of coverage seems pretty reasonable within 4-5 years. Maybe I'm just overly optimistic, but I see the supercharger network becoming THE fast-charging network and getting very broad reach quite fast. But first, the oil price has to go back up :wink:.

Here is a quick proposal of 33 additional Eastern Canada SuperCharger :)
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z3jn9JWcp2Xs.kH52DM3MSZqo

I've mostly based myself to cover the most territory with actually city name showing on google map with a pretty far view. I wasn't sure what to do in Ontario, seem around the 401 is pretty much the only interesting spot plus the 17.

That would be outstanding. Do that and I'll never need to use and ICE again.

In a somewhat related note, I stopped by the Barrie site yesterday to see if there was any progress. I came across a set of large wooden crates near the Moore's. And not too far away from that there's a relatively large transformer, surrounded by bollards in an odd location in the parking lot , with some adjacent construction. I'm certainly not certain that it's a supercharger under construction, but... just maybe.

We could only dream that would ever happen... :)

Roughly 60 chargers, about $15 million - peanuts, really, in the grand scheme of things.

Through taxes people pay for bridges that cost hundreds of millions of dollars, heck even one highway interchange can be hundreds of millions. But heaven forbid we as a society commit to infrastructure that would eliminate pollution and greenhouse gas emissions from a major source of those emissions. Nope, can't do that. That's unthinkable.

- - - Updated - - -

For people wondering what a Cross-Country supercharger network might look like, I've added them going west also to the map :
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z3jn9JWcp2Xs.kH52DM3MSZqo

Can you add ONE charger to Vancouver Island? Just one?

Also: Newfoundland?

I just got this email from a contact at the Kingston Economic Development Corporation:

Good news, Peter! Construction is now complete and the Supercharger will be operational before the end of the year. Just in time for all the TESLA drivers to make holiday travel plans. I took this photo this morning and once inspections are complete the power will be on. Thanks for your support on this project.

image001.jpg

It all sounds great except the "before the end of the year" part. I'm hoping she meant "before the end of the week." :smile:

Any updates on Drummondville ?

From the following thread:

Last update was that the transformer platform was installed and the trench for the stall was digged. You can check the pictures here : https://www.facebook.com/ravelectrique/posts/762950510444525

From the posting on FB, seems the construction has stopped because the owner of the mall doesn't want to interfere with the busy Christmas shopping season.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/35458-Supercharger-Drummondville-QC/page2

I just got this email from a contact at the Kingston Economic Development Corporation:

It all sounds great except the "before the end of the year" part. I'm hoping she meant "before the end of the week." :smile:

I got a similar update from my contact also stating 'before end of year'. I was also told they will wait till spring to hold the grand opening event. I urged them to do it asap, as people are not likely to show up for it if they have already been using the SC for 3-4 months. I assume if its soon we would see 5-10 Teslas show up for it.