Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because one of these times you are going to hit an unexpected detour, unexpectedly bad weather, or other misadventure and get stranded!

I always maintain a 30 km safety margin, and have needed it a couple of times!

As a Leaf owner I love reading these posts. 30 km for me is 20 - 25% of my battery capacity. Below 6%, my DTE goes to "--" and then soon after the battery capacity gauge also goes to "--" (very stupid). I use an android app that allows me to track the battery capacity all the way down to dead. Hopefully my next EV will be a Tesla.

Piper, assume you are aware there are sun country chargers to get you to the southland? Their map shows in in parry sound and one in barrie. Not perfect but an option for you.

Yes. But there is no way in Hades (pardon my English.... I'm pretty annoyed at Tesla right now) that I can afford to sit at a 50 amp charger wasting 6-7 hours for a full charge when travelling each direction. Toronto is no longer a practical day trip for me. It burns gas like a pig, but I'll just take my crew cab F150 instead.:mad:

So.... very disappointed to hear that Tesla has apparently abandoned even the intent to get get Barrie going this year/very early next. Apparently they've revised their plans and now intend to do Woodstock after Kingston, rather than Barrie. And I was told that "hopefully Barrie will be running by summer". :mad:

When I got my car in early 2013, the entire 401 corridor was supposed to have been done that Fall!

Muskogee Bay Club

Yes. But there is no way in Hades (pardon my English.... I'm pretty annoyed at Tesla right now) that I can afford to sit at a 50 amp charger wasting 6-7 hours for a full charge when travelling each direction. Toronto is no longer a practical day trip for me. It burns gas like a pig, but I'll just take my crew cab F150 instead.:mad:

Did you consider the 2 Tesla HPWCs at the Muskoka Bay Club in Gravenhurst? It draws 80 Amps and is free. This would cut your stopover to about 1.2-2 hours for enough charge to get to TO. I usually try to time it so I can have lunch or dinner in their restaurant - The food is pretty good. There is also a 70A charger at the Best Western in Barrie. I regularly use these two spots to get to my cottage and back in Halliburton (277kms one way).

If you are turning around in a day. You can use the Toronto Supercharger before you return.

Did you consider the 2 Tesla HPWCs at the Muskoka Bay Club in Gravenhurst? It draws 80 Amps and is free. This would cut your stopover to about 1.2-2 hours for enough charge to get to TO. I usually try to time it so I can have lunch or dinner in their restaurant - The food is pretty good. There is also a 70A charger at the Best Western in Barrie. I regularly use these two spots to get to my cottage and back in Halliburton (277kms one way).

If you are turning around in a day. You can use the Toronto Supercharger before you return.

Gravenhurst is quite a detour from the 400/69. The 70A charger at the Best Western would work, if I were planning to stay overnight.

But, otherwise the logistics becomes absurd:
- Drive 3 hours from Sudbury to an almost dead battery.
- Pickup 200 km worth of charge in 3 hours at Best Western
- Drive to Toronto Supercharger
- Charge there for half an hour.
- Go off and do my thing.

Reverse on the return, except charging at the Bayside Inn in Parry Sound.

It's just not worth the grief unless you're on a holiday jaunt. Plus, I've been at that Best Western twice since I ordered the Tesla. Both times an ICE was parked in the charging spot.

Sorry for grumbling. Just p'd off right now.

Kingston weekend update...no update

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG

I was hoping to meet some of you tonight, but am not VIP as I am not yet an owner (working on it...it's a timing thing...soon!)

If some of you can find out what the hold up is, assuming it is not Tesla, I will see what I can do to speed things along. Face to face interactions can be much more productive than firing an email. Everyone wants it done, let's get it done.

I hope everyone enjoys the event and look forward to meeting you by chance in Kingston.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Owning a Tesla has made me "stop and smell the roses" of the local charge location. I would have never stopped in Grimsby otherwise...glad I did. Did the same in Kingston...and many others...some not so enjoyable. It does show you how to slow down...in many ways.

Kingston weekend update...no update

View attachment 65231View attachment 65232

I was hoping to meet some of you tonight, but am not VIP as I am not yet an owner (working on it...it's a timing thing...soon!)

If some of you can find out what the hold up is, assuming it is not Tesla, I will see what I can do to speed things along. Face to face interactions can be much more productive than firing an email. Everyone wants it done, let's get it done.

I hope everyone enjoys the event and look forward to meeting you by chance in Kingston.

Cheers!

If you're in Montreal just go anyway. Tell them you're a guest of Lance.

Thanks for the update. Starting to get a bit anxious about this location...

If you're in Montreal just go anyway. Tell them you're a guest of Lance.

Thanks for the update. Starting to get a bit anxious about this location...

Lance, much appreciated and would take you up on the offer if I was in MTL.

I pulled the plug on our road trip earlier this week. I had a carload of friends/family ready to go Friday/Sat. All potential Tesla owners. I heard back from inside sales that all test drives were booked up through the w/e and no VIP available to us. A bit disappointed. The good news is I am hanging with my 8 month old baby boy...who is awesome. Been working a ton lately.

Planning to reschedule a road trip with the boys in Jan/Feb.

Enjoy the event!

Lance, much appreciated and would take you up on the offer if I was in MTL.

I pulled the plug on our road trip earlier this week. I had a carload of friends/family ready to go Friday/Sat. All potential Tesla owners. I heard back from inside sales that all test drives were booked up through the w/e and no VIP available to us. A bit disappointed. The good news is I am hanging with my 8 month old baby boy...who is awesome. Been working a ton lately.

Planning to reschedule a road trip with the boys in Jan/Feb.

Enjoy the event!

Ktown.... if you're looking to try and drive a Tesla I'll let you take mine for a rip. And if you're looking for looking for a place to stay in Montreal with your family we have these two apartments... even offer free charging
https://www.flipkey.com/montreal-condo-rentals/p542683/
https://www.flipkey.com/montreal-condo-rentals/p774096/

congrats on your wee lad!

We should be through Kingston Dec 22 or thereabouts...