Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was in the GTA for three days last week, didn't see a single Tesla.

I on the other hand live in Toronto and am surprised by the number of Model S on the road. I don't count them unless I am 10km away from the Supercharger. Ran into a signature owner at MEC just yesterday.

They seem to be out in bursts. Saw three on my Sunday drive to Niagara. The record is 4 in a day while I was running errands. Those were equally spread out from downtown, Mississauga and Markham.

maybe off topic but did someone here did the Montreal - Albany SC stretch recently (weather/temperature wise)? Were you able to make it to Albany?

I did that stretch in November, Albany to Montreal. The ambient temp was hovering around zero and it wasn't raining. Made it with 29kms left travelling at 108 and sparingly using the heat. I wouldn't dare try this run these days. Hope that helps.

Hi everyone. I am new to the forum because I haven't had much to contribute, but I have been following it and tesla for a few years. I am in Barrie for the holidays and saw the construction of the SC tonight. A crew was working on it and I asked about the timeline. He said they would be done in 2 weeks, but it would then be up to the hydro company. It was too dark to get any good pictures butI can maybe get some later. It is beside the target just off the 400, between Bayfield Dr and the roundabout on N village way.

Great news Gen3!. This is faster than I had hoped. With luck we won't have a repeat of the Kingston fiasco!

COBOURG, COBOURG, COBOURG!!! If we actually get a Cobourg Supercharger this winter then Tesla will have a NEW image problem (instead of Teslas driving 95 km/h on the 401 all winter long), which is scores of Tesla owners doing this kind of dance all over Ontario!!!!!

giphy.gif

Otherwise, all of the superchargers on our list would have to be dynamically recalculating their respective routes as we drive.

That happens now, but only for that fictional straight line measurement. There's also a lot of recalculating going on on a route or routes to a destination. So it shouldn't be difficult to do that for SChs within a certain radius, as someone else more or less suggested…if that radius means no more than 425 km along real roads minus how far you've driven and includes an algorithm that understands which direction(s) you're driving in (and maybe a few more things, like outside temperature and elevation change).

maybe off topic but did someone here did the Montreal - Albany SC stretch recently (weather/temperature wise)? Were you able to make it to Albany?

I did it this summer (in fact I did Albany- Blainville) and arrive with 25 km left driving at speed limit. I've heard from other "Club Tesla Quebec" owners that it could be done as long as temperature is over 0 C, it's more difficult below.
If you don't feel confortable, there is always a level 2 charging station at Lake Georges Holliday inn that may help you to make it.

Back to topics, Montreal supercharge is almost connected , but christmas break may delay end of work to first week next year ;-)

We are currently in Australia and had the opportunity to see an Australian P 85 Tesla on display at the Chadstone Shopping Centre yesterday. We talked to the Tesla rep and found out that 2 Supercharger stations are operating in Sydney area that two other sites will be announced shortly. He was very secretive about the two new sites but we had the impression that they were already built and Tesla was just waiting for the right time to make an announcement. If this is correct then Australia will have 4 SC stations within months of receiving their first Model S vehicles. This is a little faster pace than Canada.

The rep mentioned that the goal is to have the complete Sydney to Melbourne route up and running within 2 years.

So Australia with the Model S just arriving in the country already has supercharging stations in operation. It puts the slow pace on the Canadian situation to shame.

I hope Kingston is up and running by the time we arrive back home.

If this is correct then Australia will have 4 SC stations within months of receiving their first Model S vehicles. This is a little faster pace than Canada.

The rep mentioned that the goal is to have the complete Sydney to Melbourne route up and running within 2 years.

So Australia with the Model S just arriving in the country already has supercharging stations in operation. It puts the slow pace on the Canadian situation to shame.

This is true but you do have to keep in mind that when the Canadian cars came out two years ago, Tesla was not putting in SC at the rate they are now. There were very few, even in the USA. They now have their system better tuned and their investment capabilities are higher while their ramp up time is behind them. Canadian cars came out during the infancy of the SC network ramp up. Having said that, the Canadian delays of late are still ridiculous but as has been pointed out many times, not necessarily all Tesla's fault either.

Yes I was there today.Looks like everything could be installed early in the new year.Eight stalls located in parking lot to the east of the Target , right beside the roundabout.Excellent location five minutes from the 400 and lots of establishments nearby.More pics won't upload
011.JPG

The Barrie location - 20 South Village Way, from Supercharge.info

Here are a couple frame / Screen Captures of the area:

General Area Overview
Barrie-ON_12-20-2014_Supercharge-info_Overview_974x691.jpg

More Detailed Overview
Barrie-ON_12-20-2014_Supercharge-info_Area-Shops_973x659.jpg

Just a couple Blocks from the Barrie Molson Centre Arena where we had - Electric Avenue 2013 !!

Unfortunately - the Arena does not seem to want to get into the 21st Century yet with EV Charging Points on site!
Barrie-Molson-Centre-Arena_12-20-2014_612x379.jpg