Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Ontario Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good Morning All,

I recently ordered a Model 3, and being Ottawa, the site would only let me select Montreal for delivery, which is fine as its only a couple hours away. When I was reviewing the cost breakdown, I noted the sales tax listed was high (about 1000) so I assume this was due to delivery listed in Quebec vs. Ontario.

After I ordered, my wife decided that our old SUV was getting a bit long in the tooth, so not to be left out, she had me order a second Model 3. Went through the same process, with the only difference being the second car would have the standard black paint vs the upgraded blue on the first order. This time, when it was processed, the taxes on the second came up a 2k higher than than it should be.

So the first car came up with a 14.5% sales tax, and the second came up with a 15.2% tax. I called Tesla and they said they would change it to the Ontario 13% but neither file has been updated as of yet, and the situation has me wondering/concerned if I take delivery in Quebec, will I be charged the higher sales tax, or will it be processed as if the sale was in Ontario and I just pick it up in Montreal? Does anyone from Eastern Ontario have any experience with Quebec deliveries that can shed some light?

Thanks

I find it strange that they would no deliver it to you in Ottawa, I know someone that just had their Mod3 delivered to their home in Orleans last week.
Good Morning All,

I recently ordered a Model 3, and being Ottawa, the site would only let me select Montreal for delivery, which is fine as its only a couple hours away. When I was reviewing the cost breakdown, I noted the sales tax listed was high (about 1000) so I assume this was due to delivery listed in Quebec vs. Ontario.

After I ordered, my wife decided that our old SUV was getting a bit long in the tooth, so not to be left out, she had me order a second Model 3. Went through the same process, with the only difference being the second car would have the standard black paint vs the upgraded blue on the first order. This time, when it was processed, the taxes on the second came up a 2k higher than than it should be.

So the first car came up with a 14.5% sales tax, and the second came up with a 15.2% tax. I called Tesla and they said they would change it to the Ontario 13% but neither file has been updated as of yet, and the situation has me wondering/concerned if I take delivery in Quebec, will I be charged the higher sales tax, or will it be processed as if the sale was in Ontario and I just pick it up in Montreal? Does anyone from Eastern Ontario have any experience with Quebec deliveries that can shed some light?

Thanks
t

I find it strange that they would no deliver it to you in Ottawa, I know someone that just had their Mod3 delivered to their home in Orleans last week.

t
That may be possible and I haven't gotten that far in the process yet. The ordering process only listed Montreal as the nearest delivery centre, which is fine if it gets me in to the cars any faster, it was just the tax fees applied I am curious/concerned about.

That may be possible and I haven't gotten that far in the process yet. The ordering process only listed Montreal as the nearest delivery centre, which is fine if it gets me in to the cars any faster, it was just the tax fees applied I am curious/concerned about.
I had a similar concern about the taxes not being right during the process, but the final paperwork did reflect the proper Ontario situation.

• Informative
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
Great, thanks.

Did you pick up in Montreal?
No, the car was delivered to my house in Kanata on April 24th. A day prior to that I received the Ontario license plates and registration paperwork done by Tesla Toronto on my behalf. Even though the Kanata delivery had been set up quite some time before, my online Tesla account page kept noting a pickup at the Montreal service center :)

Reactions: JasonCinOtt
No, the car was delivered to my house in Kanata on April 24th. A day prior to that I received the Ontario license plates and registration paperwork done by Tesla Toronto on my behalf. Even though the Kanata delivery had been set up quite some time before, my online Tesla account page kept noting a pickup at the Montreal service center :)

Thanks.

For the home delivery, did the car arrive on a truck, or was it driven to your door and was there an additional fee for the service?

Thanks.

For the home delivery, did the car arrive on a truck, or was it driven to your door and was there an additional fee for the service?
The car arrived on a long flat bed trailer with two other Teslas. Mine was at the back of the trailer. The truck driver drove the car off the trailer for me, drove it onto my driveway, and gave me the two Tesla key cards for my car. There was no charge for the service. My Toronto-based delivery advisor had previously given me a rough estimate of what day and time the car might arrive. I was told that the truck driver would contact me prior to actual delivery to confirm I was home, but I didn't receive any call/text. I was just in my family room watching TV when I saw a trailer of Teslas park across from my house :) I got the impression that this was a third party hauling company that Tesla had contracted. The car had been hauled from Montreal -- there was even a temporary paper Quebec license tag taped to the back window of the car. I could immediately use the key cards to drive the car, but my Tesla app on my smartphone took more than a day before it became authorized by Tesla to become a "key".

• Love
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
Good Morning All,

Thanks
I originally ordered blue Sr+ on May 1 and next day got an email telling me to prepare for home delivery in Ottawa but on my account it showed Montreal delivery on May 14. No VIN

A few days ago I changed the colour to MSM. Now I also have my VIN in the 403xxx range but no updates on delivery. Still need to do insurance and finance.

My only worry with home delivery is if the car has any problems.

The car arrived on a long flat bed trailer with two other Teslas. Mine was at the back of the trailer. The truck driver drove the car off the trailer for me, drove it onto my driveway, and gave me the two Tesla key cards for my car. There was no charge for the service. My Toronto-based delivery advisor had previously given me a rough estimate of what day and time the car might arrive. I was told that the truck driver would contact me prior to actual delivery to confirm I was home, but I didn't receive any call/text. I was just in my family room watching TV when I saw a trailer of Teslas park across from my house :) I got the impression that this was a third party hauling company that Tesla had contracted. The car had been hauled from Montreal -- there was even a temporary paper Quebec license tag taped to the back window of the car. I could immediately use the key cards to drive the car, but my Tesla app on my smartphone took more than a day before it became authorized by Tesla to become a "key".
My situation was the exact same. Actually, my car was on the same trailer

Reactions: GarthG
For those that received home delivery, how did it relate to the delivery date on your account (if you received one)? My file now says May 22 in Montreal, but I spoke with a Rep and they confirmed it would be shipped to me in Ottawa, but he wouldn't give me any idea of dates.

For those that received home delivery, how did it relate to the delivery date on your account (if you received one)? My file now says May 22 in Montreal, but I spoke with a Rep and they confirmed it would be shipped to me in Ottawa, but he wouldn't give me any idea of dates.
The delivery date on your account is (at least on mine was) a very strange beast that lives its own life :). I couldn't figure out what it represent. Here is my experience:

I first received May 3rd as a delivery date - but there was no paper signed yet and downpayment wasn't even calculated by yet that date. This time I already had the VIN assigned for a week and half and on my profile the price was still calculated with QST.
Then on May 3rd it changed to May 8th. By that date I had received some paperwork - although with wrong interest rate. I wired the downpayment over, but the correct contract was not send to me yet.
On May 7th the delivery date change to May 14th - I received the final (finally correct) contract on May 8th at very late afternoon, I signed it and send it back.
On May 9th they contacted me that next day I will receive the car.

Car arrived very dirty today, delivered to Kanata. I still haven't received the license plate and I cannot find the front license mount kit either. Not sure if that is delivered separately or the truck driver just forgot to give it to me. The car was delivered from Montreal service.