Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Oregon superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the electrification of hwy 101 on the coast, a number of folks are talking about locations in Eastern Oregon. I've spent a lot of time in the Bend area and have driven through most of the state on occasions through my life but I don't have enough familiarity with it to make suggestions beyond doing stations between Bend and Idaho and Bend and California. Thoughts?
I've spent some time out there too. Lived in Bend for a few years in the early '90's while attending COCC and skiing a ton. I really love that part of Oregon, maybe more than the coast, and would dearly like to adventure out there some more.

Then a vertebrate biology class I took did a long weekend field trip to the Malheur to do some birding. It was a very memorable experience.

I also once did a bicycle stage race that started in Heppner, raced to Ione the first day, then on to Fossil the next day, and finally back to Heppner on the last day. Such awesome country. Kicking myself for not having done it more before they stopped having the event.

Anyway.... yeah, more charging opportunities out that way would be great. Despite the seeming lack of popularity on both sides of the fence.

Looking forward to all electric road trips!

Cheers!

I am from California; as such I do not know the travel routes of people going to and from Oregon.

It would make sense to me that US 395 should be built out north of Reno to include Susanville, Alturas, Lakeview and Burns.

I also think that K-Falls would be sensible to make US97 more easily driveable.

Do a lot of folks travel from Portland and vicinity to northern Nevada via Bend and Lakeview to Winnemucca to continue further east towards Utah? Or is I-84 the "go-to" highway for this destination? It is 175 miles from Bend to Lakeview. It is 212 miles from Lakeview to Winnemucca. These distances might be dicey in winter or with a 70kWh battery, but one would think that the larger batteries could make these legs without much worry--perhaps slowing down a bit from the 70MPH speed limits. I did not check on EVTripplanner, so the rated miles could be longer if there is substantial elevation gain.