TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Easternmost Supercharger in the U.S.

Discussion in 'North America' started by longshadows, May 25, 2016.

1. longshadows

longshadows Member

image.jpeg Just visited the only Supercharger station in Maine--not busy, but next to a couple of decent dining options (Red Robin Gourmet Burgers and a Ruby Tuesday's).

I was amazed by the additional infrastructure associated with these eight chargers. There is a large transformer (green circle), but also a sizable fenced-in enclosure (red circle) with a large piece of equipment. It gives one pause to observe how much goes into each Supercharger site... and Elon says they will double over the next two years. Amazing!

2. Syd

Syd Member

In the fence are two sets of boxes. What is called switchgear, that is used to distribute the power from the transformer to the chargers (a green or gray cabinet usually, with 2-3 doors and locks). Then there are the super chargers (chargers) that are a stack of chargers in a white cabinet with a big fan opening on it. There is one of these for each 2 stantions (stalls). (Thus the A/B sharing). Not all sites require Tesla build the fence around the other parts.

• Like x 1