Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Easton Town Center charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
J

jbcarioca

I have been staying at the Hilton here for the last few days, so I have ended out using several charging options. Here they are:

The Tesla Store chargers located on the ground floor of the West Garage are always available to Tesla owners. If the stations are all full it is due to the Tesla Store cars. A quick call to 616 532 5060 and selecting the Sales option will bring someone quickly out to move a car to make space. Alternatively you can walk to the tesla Store across the street and ask personally. They are very accommodating. Plaudits to them! These are 208v/40a connections so they are not really fast, but they work well.

The East Garage has two Blink J1772 chargers directly in front of you as you enter the garage. If you do not have a Blink Card you to the Security Office on the ground floor mall entry, the floor below the chargers. They'll give you a temporary Blink card. No charge, and if you arrive late, say 8:00 PM or later they'll happily let you leave you car all night. They too are very accommodating.

The Hilton has a string of 120v outlets all along the entry adjacent to where the shuttles park. The hotel will let you charge there, and happily also, although they must turn on the outside lights to enable charging. They have Tesla HPWC and Clipper Creek J1772 ordered which are expected to be in service, I was told, by mid-November or so. In the meantime I used that to warm my car prior to check out as well as keep it powered during a software update (7.0 :biggrin:).

There are other 120v alternatives as well as the Tesla Service Center on Morse road a mile or so away.

My favorite too. This is the first time I have driven from Miami to CMH so I had no awareness of the easy charging options at Easton. Plugshare did not make me think it was so easy.

You may want to check again on that amperage. I was under the impression that the HPWC's in the west garage all had 100 amp service (208/80amp, 58 miles per hour of range).
They may well be 80a in theory, but I actually received a consistent 32a, so I reported 40a. At least one HPWC was malfunctioning while I was there so possibly that may explain my slower charge rate.

They may well be 80a in theory, but I actually received a consistent 32a, so I reported 40a. At least one HPWC was malfunctioning while I was there so possibly that may explain my slower charge rate.

Possibly a charger malfunctioning, there is 220 going to each HPWC..... Or at least there is supposed to be. Do you have dual chargers?

And I have seen at least one of the chargers completely flake out before. Unless someone was just a **** and turned it off.

Last edited by a moderator: