TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Easy Access Doesn't Return Seat to Full Position

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by 640k, Sep 26, 2019.

1. 640k

640k Member

I've noticed that while using the Easy Access feature, the seat and steering wheel will often not make it 100% of the way to my setting. I've been trying to play around with it and can't tell if it's a safety feature or issue with the threshold.

if i raise my seat all the way up, and then back down, it will stop on its own. if i press down again, the seat will drop another inch or so before completely stopping. this is the position i save my seat in. when Easy Access returns my settings, sometimes it goes all the way down, sometimes it doesn't.

not sure if this is serviceable. anyone else experience this?

2. flashflooder

flashflooder Member

I've had similar issues with the seat position. Sometimes it doesn't even make the switch from Easy Access to my profile's settings at all, and sometimes it only makes it part of the way there. Only reliable way to fix, that I've found, is to put in park, get out of the car and get back in.

3. 640k

640k Member

does it work if you manually select your profile?

4. brobinson

brobinson Member

I've noticed this behavior since getting 2019.32.2.2. It seems like it actually entirely 'lost' the settings for my profile and reverted to older settings. The behavior wasn't specific to easy entry...even pressing the driver profile wouldn't return it to how I had it set before. I re-set the position and saved everything a few days ago and it's been good since. I guess we'll see if it sticks.

5. gcmak

gcmak Member

+1 to this. better than a model s rental i had that wanted to pin me to the wheel but fully raising, sliding, and inclining the seat back and bottom towards the steering wheel...

6. flashflooder

flashflooder Member

typically, no

7. EA500

EA500 Member

Just replying so my Roxy can meet your Boston.

• Like x 1