Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Easy Access Doesn't Return Seat to Full Position

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've noticed that while using the Easy Access feature, the seat and steering wheel will often not make it 100% of the way to my setting. I've been trying to play around with it and can't tell if it's a safety feature or issue with the threshold.

if i raise my seat all the way up, and then back down, it will stop on its own. if i press down again, the seat will drop another inch or so before completely stopping. this is the position i save my seat in. when Easy Access returns my settings, sometimes it goes all the way down, sometimes it doesn't.

not sure if this is serviceable. anyone else experience this?

I've had similar issues with the seat position. Sometimes it doesn't even make the switch from Easy Access to my profile's settings at all, and sometimes it only makes it part of the way there. Only reliable way to fix, that I've found, is to put in park, get out of the car and get back in.

I've noticed this behavior since getting 2019.32.2.2. It seems like it actually entirely 'lost' the settings for my profile and reverted to older settings. The behavior wasn't specific to easy entry...even pressing the driver profile wouldn't return it to how I had it set before. I re-set the position and saved everything a few days ago and it's been good since. I guess we'll see if it sticks.

I've noticed this behavior since getting 2019.32.2.2. It seems like it actually entirely 'lost' the settings for my profile and reverted to older settings. The behavior wasn't specific to easy entry...even pressing the driver profile wouldn't return it to how I had it set before. I re-set the position and saved everything a few days ago and it's been good since. I guess we'll see if it sticks.
+1 to this. better than a model s rental i had that wanted to pin me to the wheel but fully raising, sliding, and inclining the seat back and bottom towards the steering wheel...