Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Easy entry frozen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone having issues with driver profiles and easy entry. I was leaving work today and the car was stuck on the easy entry profile and the seat would not move when it went to my personal profile. The mirrors moved but nothing else and now i can’t move the seat (except for lumbar) nor the steering wheel. It’s pretty annoying to have to drive in the easy entry setting. It has to be a computer issue since it’s affecting the steering wheel also. I have tried deleting profiles, restarting both screens (the profiles show up again after this even though i deleted them.). I’m at a loss and will try to call service tomorrow. Anyone have any other suggestions?

I am going to bring it to service today. I was on phone with the service hotline last night and we tried everything and they were stumped. Their guess was that a driver seat memory fuse blew or that its a software issue that just needs to be reloaded. We will see.

Another software bug I'd suspect... Classic Tesla... Release a new feature but it only works part of the time, sometimes... This has gotten a bit comical actually... Here's a brief list...

1. Auto-homelink... "Always" works coming home but only works ~50% of the time when leaving...
2. Driver profile FOB link... Almost never works and has been really, really bad in the last few versions to the point where my wife and I went back to the same FOB...

It would be nice if Tesla took the time to fix the bugs it already has before more are added with half-cocked additional feature additions but that's not how software development usually works...

Jeff

We have a 2015 (mid-year) model S, with FW 2018.6.1. I've seen erratic behavior with easy-entry. Even tho our fobs are matched to our profiles and the 'Use Easy-Entry' is checked. I think understand the correct sequence of: PARK - SEAT BELT - DOOR, but sometimes it fails to change from my driving profile to easy-entry. Haven't had time to diagnose it further. Since we're so far behind on updates, I've been hoping this will improve with the next one. TBC...
Show less

Another software bug I'd suspect... Classic Tesla... Release a new feature but it only works part of the time, sometimes... This has gotten a bit comical actually... Here's a brief list...

1. Auto-homelink... "Always" works coming home but only works ~50% of the time when leaving...
2. Driver profile FOB link... Almost never works and has been really, really bad in the last few versions to the point where my wife and I went back to the same FOB...

It would be nice if Tesla took the time to fix the bugs it already has before more are added with half-cocked additional feature additions but that's not how software development usually works...

Jeff
Not sure how you come to this conclusion as opposed to something as simple as a fuse. The OP mentioned nothing about having just received a firmware update recently. Additionally, there are no widespread reports of this behavior. So why blame 'Classic Tesla' when we really have no idea?

Not sure how you come to this conclusion as opposed to something as simple as a fuse. The OP mentioned nothing about having just received a firmware update recently. Additionally, there are no widespread reports of this behavior. So why blame 'Classic Tesla' when we really have no idea?

So it happened again, maybe 3 weeks ago and I brought it in for service but since it was the 2nd time they go a lead engineer on it and what he found was the Switch module for the seat had somehow moved to where it was getting turned off. He basically relocated the module to the proper spot and said I should be good to go. A very one off problem I assume.

My 2015 MS started having issues with Easy Entry recently. When I get into the car and go to drive, the seat and steering wheel moves tro the main profile (there are 2 profiles + easy entry total in that car, none linked to a fob), but the profile name on the MCU keeps on showing Easy Entry. Even if I move anything, it offers to let me save it in Easy Entry, not the profile which I am using. The workaround is to select the drive profile manually, then it works.

Perhaps you haven't been a Tesla customer long enough. Welcome to Tesla over the air updates. In the traditional car, if something stopped working, if your car started behaving weird or simply differently than before, you could be sure something broke (barring someone intentionally messing with your settings). With Tesla, the majority of such issues is that Tesla screwed it up (or "improved" as Tesla claims EVERY update your car gets better) via software update. This is confirmed by Tesla Service most common answer to owner's questions - "know issue, future over the air update will fix it". Sometimes it's worse, even service centers don't know what engineering released - for example one day I found my less than a month old Model S air suspension not lowering and not allowing me to lower it. Called service center, they say the car checks out but they don't know why it won't lower. A few days later Elon admitted they disabled everyone's Smart Air Suspension on purpose, and kept it disabled until they found a solution to appease the media freaking out over 2 or 3 cars which caught on fire (one of which after crashing through a concrete highway divider) - nobody died or was seriously injured in either of those by the way.

PS> My MCU1 car is having issues with driver profiles too (see above post #7). MCU1 is an unwanted support burden on Tesla at this point. Elon doesn't put any priority on MCU1 releases or testing (not that they've ever tested that thoroughly anyways, that's what customers are for). Hopefully this doesn't turn into a safety issue if the car suddenly moves the seat and steering wheel to Easy Entry in the middle of driving (because it "thinks" it's in the Easy Entry profile for some reason). If it does, I foresee another NHTSA intervention since moving a driver out of the reach of the pedals while driving is definitely a safety issue.

Anyone having issues with driver profiles and easy entry. I was leaving work today and the car was stuck on the easy entry profile and the seat would not move when it went to my personal profile. The mirrors moved but nothing else and now i can’t move the seat (except for lumbar) nor the steering wheel. It’s pretty annoying to have to drive in the easy entry setting. It has to be a computer issue since it’s affecting the steering wheel also. I have tried deleting profiles, restarting both screens (the profiles show up again after this even though i deleted them.). I’m at a loss and will try to call service tomorrow. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Is your car MCU1, I've noticed this with my 2017 MCU1