Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Easy Entry...how to disable temporarily?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Bouba

Sep 23, 2021
France
Hi everyone..
I have a 2021 M3LR MIC and I have noticed that Easy Entry will crush the legs of anyone sitting behind the driver...or crush the rear seat if the rear seat is folded down..so my question is....
Should the Easy Entry have a sensor so it doesn’t hit the person behind...or..
Is there a quick, easy way to disable it when you have passengers behind or the rear seat folded?
Thanks!!

Logically, the way to suppress Easy Entry from moving the driver's seat back when there's a back seat passenger would be to use the status of the sensor in the back seat. If the car thinks somebody (something?) is sitting on the seat, then don't move the driver's seat. The steering wheel can move up (presumably) which may be enough to allow the driver to exit easier.

As far as the situation of having the back seat being down, I don't know if the seat sensor would detect this as somebody there. My guess is that it wouldn't, based upon the fact that I've never seen the seat belt warning come on for either of the back seats, when I've driven around with both backrests down. The obvious solution in that case would be to put some sort of switch / sensor on the driver's side rear backrest that indicates when it's unlatched. Of course this will do nothing for all of the cars already built.

I've realized this situation early on and have been warning my backseat passenger that the seat will be moving before I've parked and opened my door. I drive with my seat pretty far back already so there's not too much rearward movement when Easy Entry takes over.