Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Easy Entry loss of steering wheel movement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my seat control module replaced and since then when I link Easy Entry the seat moves to the selected position but the steering wheel will not reposition. I try to manually adjust it and touch save on the center screen but the next time I go to open the drivers door the wheel does not move up and out of the way but the seat moves back. Is the seat control module connected to the steering wheel positioning with Easy Entry?

Did you ever get this resolved? My steering wheel moves up and back and my seat moves all of the way back for easy entry/exit but today when I got in they would not return to my driving position automatically as they normally would via my profile. So, I attempted to just reach down to the seat controls and do it and they are not working...when I tried to use the control on the steering column to bring the steering wheel down so I can reach it, it doesn't function either? I have lost the ability to move drivers seat or steering wheel and they are both all of the way back or up (as far apart as possible to facilitate exiting) and I can't drive the car this way. Did you ever resolve your issue?

Did you ever get this resolved? My steering wheel moves up and back and my seat moves all of the way back for easy entry/exit but today when I got in they would not return to my driving position automatically as they normally would via my profile. So, I attempted to just reach down to the seat controls and do it and they are not working...when I tried to use the control on the steering column to bring the steering wheel down so I can reach it, it doesn't function either? I have lost the ability to move drivers seat or steering wheel and they are both all of the way back or up (as far apart as possible to facilitate exiting) and I can't drive the car this way. Did you ever resolve your issue?
Service visit at Tesla said they recalibrated the seat. So far everything is working fine. I do not know, nor could they tell me the relationship between the seat and steering column with Easy entry.