Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Easy Entry

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On your wife's drive profile, check the box that says 'Easy Entry'. If you haven't already setup an Easy Entry profile, it'll make you configure one. If you already have an Easy Entry profile, you need to configure the Easy Entry profile to what you would consider 'moved back'.

Does anyone know how to program Easy Entry so that the seat will move back when I unlock the car after my short wife drives the car? Seems like that's what this feature should do.
Select Easy Entry profile. Change seat position. You should get popup that allows you to save settings. Then on each profile, select it to use easy entry.

It's kind of weird, Easy Entry becomes its own profile. So when you first set it up, if it's just you, then it would show "Bob" or whatever. If you check the "Easy Entry" box, it adds a 2nd driver profile called "Easy Entry." You select that profile, then move the seat back, wheel up etc, you pick where you want it to move back to. Then on the "Bob" profile you check the box to use Easy Entry. Now when you unlock the car and get in, as soon as you put the seat belt on and press the brake it will change from the "Easy Entry" profile, to "Bob". When you stop, when you take the seat belt off the seat moves into the "Easy Entry" profile, so the wheel and seat go to where you set it to under Easy Entry.

I only have my profile on the car but I'd assume that it works the same when adding your wifes profile. Basically the Easy Entry profile is the one you set where you want the seat to move to, and then ensure you have both profiles set to use it.

It's kind of weird, Easy Entry becomes its own profile. So when you first set it up, if it's just you, then it would show "Bob" or whatever. If you check the "Easy Entry" box, it adds a 2nd driver profile called "Easy Entry." You select that profile, then move the seat back, wheel up etc, you pick where you want it to move back to. Then on the "Bob" profile you check the box to use Easy Entry. Now when you unlock the car and get in, as soon as you put the seat belt on and press the brake it will change from the "Easy Entry" profile, to "Bob". When you stop, when you take the seat belt off the seat moves into the "Easy Entry" profile, so the wheel and seat go to where you set it to under Easy Entry.

I only have my profile on the car but I'd assume that it works the same when adding your wifes profile. Basically the Easy Entry profile is the one you set where you want the seat to move to, and then ensure you have both profiles set to use it.
Ok, that's starting to make sense, kinda. What I'm looking for is something that adjust the seat and steering wheel when I unlock the car after my wife has driven it. She's 5'2 and I'm 6'4 so its impossible for me to get in with the seats set to her position. I guess that technology's not available.

Yeah so you'd make her profile, enable Easy Entry on it, and then you edit the Easy Entry profile to have the seat far back etc. So there will be 3 profiles in total, yours, your wifes and Easy Entry. As soon as she takes her belt off the seat moves into the Easy Entry position, so back. Then when you open the door it's already still in the back position until you buckle up and hit the brakes, then it moves into your position. I assume it knows you vs her by your phone or key but I only have my profile so not sure how it works with more, but it definitely will do what you want.

Yeah so you'd make her profile, enable Easy Entry on it, and then you edit the Easy Entry profile to have the seat far back etc. So there will be 3 profiles in total, yours, your wifes and Easy Entry. As soon as she takes her belt off the seat moves into the Easy Entry position, so back. Then when you open the door it's already still in the back position until you buckle up and hit the brakes, then it moves into your position. I assume it knows you vs her by your phone or key but I only have my profile so not sure how it works with more, but it definitely will do what you want.
That sounds like a great strategy. I'll try it. By the way, I'm from Toronto. Just got back from there last week. :)

My wife (5'2) and I, (6'1) have the same problem. So, I was playing with this at the local store and it works like everyone said:

1) Profile for Wife (AND elect "Use Easy Entry")
2) Profile for Husband (You can add it, but frankly, theres room for her to get in after you)
3) Profile for Easy Entry (Set the seat and wheel so taller person can fit)

When you park the car will move the seat to the Easy Entry position.

Screen Shot 2018-09-06 at 4.21.43 PM.jpg

That sounds like a great strategy. I'll try it. By the way, I'm from Toronto. Just got back from there last week. :)

Haha nice!! It was 35c yesterday picking it up so felt like I was getting it in California haha.

I have to admit, I don't even need Easy Entry since only I drive my car, but I just LOVE when it moves me forward and brings the wheel down, I feel like I'm in the batmobile. :p:p:p:p

I assume it knows you vs her by your phone or key but I only have my profile so not sure how it works with more, but it definitely will do what you want.

Currently the car does not switch driver profiles based on phones or any other method. The last driver profile that was active before switching to easy entry is selected. So for me (6' 2"), if I get in the car after my wife (5' 5") I have to stop the seat and then select my profile.

We somewhat get around the problem by adding another profile we call garage that we try to select after easy entry does its thing. The garage profile is set up like easy entry except that it doesn't have "walk away lock" enabled. That way we can have the car unlocked when in our garage. It gets around some of the frustrations with phone-as-key failings.