TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Easy to get L2 charger installed in HK?

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by MITE46, Nov 29, 2015.

1. MITE46

MITE46 Member

I'm visiting HK soon and would love to hear from some owners their experience about installing L2 chargers in their residences...hard? easy?

Would also like to know how electricity is billed in HK...

Thanks!

2. icemankaka

icemankaka Member

depends. most need permission from landlord, developer and electric company regarding connections and insurance. old developments are harder than new ones due to amperage (?) surplus. electricity is billed as all other equipments in the same zone. we have no differencial pricing besides industrial (lower) vs domestic (higher).

3. MITE46

MITE46 Member

Thanks Icemankaka!

Are most landlords allowing stations easily? What if there is no surplus available?

4. telegogo

telegogo Member

not easy and it really depends on individual owners. As a lucky one, I had worked for almost 1 year to get it approved and with charger installed. As it is now approved, it takes now not more than 2 weeks to install the charger.

5. MITE46

MITE46 Member

@Telegogo - so you just asked your landlord and they said sure? How do you meter or pay for power? If 10 more Teslas show up at your complex, would the landlord also be okay with installing more stations?