Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Easy way to fix iPhone12 pro max wireless charging on Model3

dabenv

May 8, 2021
Shanghai
Easy way to fix iPhone12 pro max wireless charging on Model3 before 2020, especially wearing phone cases.
The phone is too big that car wireless charging pad can not sense it, I’ve tried some ways to fix the issue ( of course TSL won’t fix that :D ,,,they may say replacing a 2021 model3 will fix that haha), so,,,the small change you have to do is just by my attached photo, good luck:
B9BFD753-715B-4333-9D03-25B7E563B8A5.jpeg

C9E07E4F-096C-49A7-9A33-C49106198200.jpeg

Bad Dolphin

Dec 13, 2018
Hawaii
Mine works OK, but only in certain cases or without case. My primary case has a clear back so it’s rim is not flush on the back to protect the clear finish. This means no contact and no charging inside the M3, but it does work on my indoor phone charger because the charger itself is smaller, fits inside the raised rim, and makes contact.

To work in the (2018, LR AWD) M3, I must remove case or use a case with a uniform level back. Did not have to modify M3 charger as pictured.

Knightshade

Jul 31, 2017
NC
To work in the (2018, LR AWD) M3, I must remove case or use a case with a uniform level back. Did not have to modify M3 charger as pictured.

FWIW mine works just fine with no modifications at all on a 2018- with the case on... (with the taptes mat described as "15W Wireless Charger for Tesla Model 3 Built Before June 2020")

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC