TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

EasyCharge

Discussion in 'Video' started by Insane, May 8, 2015.

1. dirkhh

dirkhh Middle-aged Member

Cute - the graphics show a European charge plug... but it's unclear just how much of this is a cute video and how much is real :)
    Actually, at the bottom of the page they state "When we reach 1000 supporters we will start working on this product..."
    So vaporware

2. Grendal

Grendal Active Member

Cute. It sounds nice, but making sure the plug is in properly would be so little effort. It's an action that deserves the personal touch. I feel the same way about wireless charging. I'd rather spend the effort to plug in than have energy spewing out of a wireless charger. I'm probably wrong but I find the whole wireless charging concept unnerving.

3. Fiver

Fiver Member

You're going to need a massive garage to fit that on the roof behind your garage door opener, and a even more depth to fit the arm that folds down.

4. Insane

Insane Banned

#5 Insane, May 9, 2015
    Last edited: May 9, 2015
    I assume "roof" = "ceiling". There will be space if the car is parked in reverse. Notice the car in the video is backing up into the garage. I always back my car (Not TESLA) into the garage and I am sure TESLA will program it to AutoPilot into the garage.

Perhaps this video is more convincing. EASYCHARGE.me GmbH - 2015 E-World Drivers Lounge - YouTube