Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eatontown Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone been to this SC for service yet? Interested to hear your experience since they are only open for service and not sales at this point.
Hi SundayDrive, we stopped in to the Eatontown Tesla location a couple of weeks ago. It is very odd. Small showroom that has one car in it. No sales or deliveries of cars from this location allowed (State permits for these activities not received). Large Service center, (though it was a Saturday afternoon) and it appeared to be closed. Most surprisingly, there are NO public Super Chargers on site nor are any planned per the employee we talked to there. Amazing that this area that is lacking any SC (even the new Wawa 1/2 a mile away on Route 35 doesn't have them) Tesla didn't put any in here at this location.

Interesting. I just re-read the article at the top of this thread...the announcement of the Tesla dealership. In that article it stated:
"Along with 10 electric vehicle charging stations for Tesla's use, there also will be a free-standing charging station in the parking lot for the public."

I hope that they eventually add those charging stations. Currently, the closest SC are at the Jersey Premium Outlet mall in Tinton Falls, about 8 miles away.

Interesting. I just re-read the article at the top of this thread...the announcement of the Tesla dealership. In that article it stated:
"Along with 10 electric vehicle charging stations for Tesla's use, there also will be a free-standing charging station in the parking lot for the public."

I hope that they eventually add those charging stations. Currently, the closest SC are at the Jersey Premium Outlet mall in Tinton Falls, about 8 miles away.
It may lack space currently for public supercharging. There are tons of Teslas parked outside in front/back, it's not clear why (unless they're new vehicle pickups).

It may lack space currently for public supercharging. There are tons of Teslas parked outside in front/back, it's not clear why (unless they're new vehicle pickups).
Planetrich, they told me specifically that they cannot "deliver" new car orders out of that Eatontown location. You need to arrange for pick up of your vehicle in either Springfield, Paramus or another Tesla dealer location near Princeton I think it was. Maybe they have an active Service department with many owners dropping off their cars there?

Planetrich, they told me specifically that they cannot "deliver" new car orders out of that Eatontown location. You need to arrange for pick up of your vehicle in either Springfield, Paramus or another Tesla dealer location near Princeton I think it was. Maybe they have an active Service department with many owners dropping off their cars there?
It would be an awful lot of cars in for service, but that's possible. They also can deliver new vehicles directly to your home (assuming that's allowed), so maybe they're just sitting there for home delivery?

I was told the car in the showroom was the service loaner. There are issues with deliveries there due to some compromises that allows Tesla to “skirt” state franchise laws. The charging I don’t understand at all. The person I spoke to was quite pleasant and informative. I’ll be glad to get service there if necessary.

disappointing in the no super chargers. There’s quite a population of teslas in this area and the nearest SC is a crowded outlet mall 20 or so mins away.

Reactions: Luvtoride
I was told the car in the showroom was the service loaner. There are issues with deliveries there due to some compromises that allows Tesla to “skirt” state franchise laws. The charging I don’t understand at all. The person I spoke to was quite pleasant and informative. I’ll be glad to get service there if necessary.

disappointing in the no super chargers. There’s quite a population of teslas in this area and the nearest SC is a crowded outlet mall 20 or so mins away.
Totally agree with you here. The Tinton Falls SC is often full and there is a large need to alleviate the issue. There is also a large gap on the parkway between Tinton Falls and the Woodbridge area.