Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eatontown Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let me start by saying this it is about time! I have a Model 3 and a Model Y and it really sucks to have to go to Princeton or Springfield for service. Its usually an all day event because its a two hour round trip drive plus the wait. I live in the Colts Neck area and this new location is perfect. It is about 10-15 minutes from me. I will be able to easily schedule and get service done if needed. The HVAC system on my 3 recently just went and I wish this location was open already because I have to now drive out to Princeton to get it fixed.

Here is the article for reference:

First Tesla store at the Jersey Shore, in Eatontown, won't look like most car dealers

Great addition for all in NJ that are about an hour from both Princeton and Springfield. It looks like they have some cool plans for this location as well, huge service area (14 bays), large amount of land and building space allows for a less cramped experience (Princeton is nice but feels small to me). Supercharger station on site! I wonder when they plan on opening this location, we should have more information soon.

Great addition for all in NJ that are about an hour from both Princeton and Springfield. It looks like they have some cool plans for this location as well, huge service area (14 bays), large amount of land and building space allows for a less cramped experience (Princeton is nice but feels small to me). Supercharger station on site! I wonder when they plan on opening this location, we should have more information soon.
Yes! I am so excited! I hope it opens soon. Princeton and Springfield are an annoying drive for me. I had to take both my Y and my 3 there. I'm going to Princeton next week to fix the HVAC in my 3. The supercharger location is perfect because the Tinton Falls location is mobbed now. Its a mixed bag there. The Tesla owners there are gross in that they don't take care of the equipment (two stall currently down). Plus, its become a crazy busy spot. An Eatontown supercharger would definitely help. I am looking forward to taking delivery of my Cybertruck IN EATONTOWN!!

I live just a few miles from the Princeton / Lawrenceville location so I will presumably never go to Eatontown BUT I'm thrilled that there's a center opening up to relieve some pressure from the frequently very-busy Princeton SC. And combining SC with SuC is a great move (are we sure that's what they're doing?) and I've wondered why more SCs don't have SuCs onsite.

This news did raise one question for me though... I remember when the Princeton site opened, they had to take the "sales license" from another site in NJ, because there was (is?) a law limiting Tesla to 4 sales locations in the state. Did that law change, or is Eatontown taking another site's sales license?

And combining SC with SuC is a great move (are we sure that's what they're doing?) and I've wondered why more SCs don't have SuCs onsite.
From the article:
"Along with 10 electric vehicle charging stations for Tesla's use, there also will be a free-standing charging station in the parking lot for the public."

On the site plan itself, there is mention of a "V3 Charging Cabinet", so hoping these are DC chargers and not just HPWC.
This news did raise one question for me though... I remember when the Princeton site opened, they had to take the "sales license" from another site in NJ, because there was (is?) a law limiting Tesla to 4 sales locations in the state. Did that law change, or is Eatontown taking another site's sales license?
Not sure about this, but this location did need to be rezoned as vehicle sales were not permitted on this portion of Route 35.

Last edited:
49930BE0-5127-4323-B0BB-E6BF9CF16DF8.jpeg

Construction is already well under way. Building was painted and a lot going on inside. I think it opens by the summer or the fall.

Tesla logo went up on the front and they're landscaping, so likely fairly close.
Went to check it out. Here are some pictures. I wouldn’t say it’s close. There’s a lot still to do inside. I also saw what looked like supercharger parts in the storage bin. But not sure. The construction people were staring me down so I left.

Attachments

• A8D9D6FF-37F6-444D-B3D8-D93B9D714EE0.jpeg
    A8D9D6FF-37F6-444D-B3D8-D93B9D714EE0.jpeg
    334.7 KB · Views: 105
  • FF3E0F08-051F-492D-9D2D-A8EAB15ADD5C.jpeg
    FF3E0F08-051F-492D-9D2D-A8EAB15ADD5C.jpeg
    722.8 KB · Views: 106
Just passed by again. Some chargers were installed. They are doing a lot of landscaping work around the property. So not sure what’s coming next here. They originally said a public supercharger was coming too. They may be setting up for that. Who knows.

Attachments

• 78323315-F1CC-4F78-A27F-26366C2644E6.jpeg
    78323315-F1CC-4F78-A27F-26366C2644E6.jpeg
    372.6 KB · Views: 75
That is the standard, non-public charging set up for service centers. 2 supercharger stalls and 6 L2 stations. If they're going to have publicly accessible superchargers (IMO, not likely), they'll be in a different area.

That is the standard, non-public charging set up for service centers. 2 supercharger stalls and 6 L2 stations. If they're going to have publicly accessible superchargers (IMO, not likely), they'll be in a different area.
They are doing a lot of exterior work around the property. I agree that it doesn’t appear likely but the original plans called for it. So Wel see.

Tesla SC Map now shows the Eatontown SC as a location and you can schedule service with them as soon as June 15th. It looks like they won’t be doing service on Saturday for the time being. I may be in the area today and will take a ride over if I have time.