Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

eBay 2018 X P100D buyer here? Scam?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if anyone on here was the buyer of that 2018 model X P100D in red that sold for under 123k?

I had been tracking this ad, and red flags are popping up all over the place for me. Curious if someone on here was the buyer and if so, please be careful. The user had a Feedback of zero, and there were many many concerns about this listing and if it was a legitimate deal, somebody got a hell of a bargain with it being a month old, according to the owner.

Listing here (3rd time he posted it since May 22nd):
Model X 100D | eBay

If the buyer IS on here, do NOT send the money in a wire transfer, he was insistent on that and that’s an immediate red flag for scam deals. Pay in person with a cashiers check at his bank with the appropriate paperwork from him, that’s my advice. Anyone who says they’ve sold “lots of vehicles” will take a certified check from a major bank, don’t be a victim.

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
So there are a few things that sent up the flags. One, the payment method, that’s typical of a scam. Two, the mileage in the reported one month of ownership of 3800. Not impossible, but unlikely. Three, the fact that he has no feedback and when asked about it, he avoided the question and the question about having a prior user name. Four, he said he owns a very large auto shop that he was very proud of, and after asking twice, he would not give me the name of it after talking to him for 3 hours about auto repair and services and whatnot (I work on Porsche’s so I was interested in what he was doing). I even mentioned I have a friend not far from there who might be a customer the first time I asked for the shop name. Five, (this one really did it) he says he’s 36 years old but earlier in our conversation stated that he’s been a Honda and Toyota master mechanic for 21 years. That is impossible if you know what it takes to achieve that level of qualification. You cannot become a master tech at 15 years old, let alone a mechanic at all. Six, his explanations of everything were very long-winded and just reeked of scam-talk, as if he was trying very hard to reassure me of things most people would question, like his reasoning for the bank transfer. After I said I would be willing to fly there and pay with a certified cashiers check from my bank and asked for the name of his shop again, he didn’t reply further.

Now part of me has hope he’s just mixed up on some facts and that the buyer falls through, because I would gladly pay 115-120k for a fully loaded red or black 2018 P100D with black & carbon interior. But, after all I read and the hours of talking to him, this seems very illegitimate so I hope it works out for the buyer or they see this and are careful.

That being said, if anyone has a red or black 2018 P100D with every option and black & carbon interior for that price, please PM me! :^)

• Informative
Reactions: Don TLR
To everyone on this thread who called my listing a scam you don’t know the facts behind it all. I was the seller on this vehicle. That listing was ended 3 times by people that wanted to buy the vehicle, first one backed stating his account was hacked ( I have email verification on that ) second one wanted to use a escrow service I never heard or and wanted me to ship the vehicle to Chicago when I offered to bring him the vehicle. Again emails and text messages to prove it. Then the third listing I canceled myself as a local party was interested and I would rather deal locally with people I can talk to, so I ended it and they ended up not being able to secure financing when they tried to buy it so I said screw it , that was around the same time Porsche guy text me the last time and I didn’t respond as I wasn’t selling it anymore as it was becoming a big hassle and didn’t list it again. The next time I listed it was on this site two weeks ago and worked out a deal with GlowOwl that was legit and he was coming out to do the deal in person but now have ran into a horrible situation which was caused by Tesla themselves and that is where I am at now. So to the Porsche guy , yes I have been working on cars my my whole life I am 36, I started working professionally when I was 16 at my uncles shop and have been doing it ever since, so I was off a year, I have been a tech for 20 years. Second it isn’t hard to achieve master status with any manufacture, all you do is take online modules and go to some classes and take a test and that is it. I never said I was a master tech for 21 years, I said I have been a tech for 20 years, I am a Honda and Toyota master tech which only took about 10 years to achieve, ase master tech took just taking tests a1 thru A8 and the hardest one is L1 so again took me about 6 months to take all those. Not my bad that I am good at taking tests and I retain information. Also not my fault that I am a natural when it comes to vehicles. So again take your scam bullshit and all that and shove it. My shop is Odyssey Automotive, LLC doing business as K7 Autoworks and I am damn proud of what I have done to build my shop to what it is today. Come on down anytime. I didn’t say my business name to you and i didn’t know you and didn’t need to tell you as you were so adamant of knowing set me thinking so again bullshit. Yes I am long winded as I feel like I have to explain everything all the he time, my wife bitches at me constantly about that as she says people just wants facts not the whole story so again I am sorry for being that way have been that way my whole life. Also I don’t trust anyone and cause you said and others said they weren’t coming to get the car themselves I said that the only thing I would take is a wire as people are full of it and can’t trust anyone. But if you or anyone was coming to personally get then payment could have been made via verified cashiers check, cash at a bank and so on. So with all this judgment and assumptions made all of you look like idiots as I didn’t disappear and have had nothing but issues regarding that car including what Tesla themselves caused me cause of error. So before you pass judgment and become internet lawyers or internet detectives, why don’t you get facts. Facts is what I have. Also to those who said that the mileage doesn’t add up, well I purchased the vehicle on may 5th 2018 with 50 miles on it , it now has 9877 miles on it. Yes it is possible when you don’t live in liberal land like the inner city and when you live in suburban little towns you have to commute and with running around for kids and going places milage adds. My wife alone does 3000 a month just to work. So again all your judgments and false allegations are bullshit and made you look like a fool.

Reactions: AMP3Dm3
To everyone on this thread who called my listing a scam you don’t know the facts behind it all. I was the seller on this vehicle. That listing was ended 3 times by people that wanted to buy the vehicle, first one backed stating his account was hacked ( I have email verification on that ) second one wanted to use a escrow service I never heard or and wanted me to ship the vehicle to Chicago when I offered to bring him the vehicle. Again emails and text messages to prove it. Then the third listing I canceled myself as a local party was interested and I would rather deal locally with people I can talk to, so I ended it and they ended up not being able to secure financing when they tried to buy it so I said screw it , that was around the same time Porsche guy text me the last time and I didn’t respond as I wasn’t selling it anymore as it was becoming a big hassle and didn’t list it again. The next time I listed it was on this site two weeks ago and worked out a deal with GlowOwl that was legit and he was coming out to do the deal in person but now have ran into a horrible situation which was caused by Tesla themselves and that is where I am at now. So to the Porsche guy , yes I have been working on cars my my whole life I am 36, I started working professionally when I was 16 at my uncles shop and have been doing it ever since, so I was off a year, I have been a tech for 20 years. Second it isn’t hard to achieve master status with any manufacture, all you do is take online modules and go to some classes and take a test and that is it. I never said I was a master tech for 21 years, I said I have been a tech for 20 years, I am a Honda and Toyota master tech which only took about 10 years to achieve, ase master tech took just taking tests a1 thru A8 and the hardest one is L1 so again took me about 6 months to take all those. Not my bad that I am good at taking tests and I retain information. Also not my fault that I am a natural when it comes to vehicles. So again take your scam bullshit and all that and shove it. My shop is Odyssey Automotive, LLC doing business as K7 Autoworks and I am damn proud of what I have done to build my shop to what it is today. Come on down anytime. I didn’t say my business name to you and i didn’t know you and didn’t need to tell you as you were so adamant of knowing set me thinking so again bullshit. Yes I am long winded as I feel like I have to explain everything all the he time, my wife bitches at me constantly about that as she says people just wants facts not the whole story so again I am sorry for being that way have been that way my whole life. Also I don’t trust anyone and cause you said and others said they weren’t coming to get the car themselves I said that the only thing I would take is a wire as people are full of it and can’t trust anyone. But if you or anyone was coming to personally get then payment could have been made via verified cashiers check, cash at a bank and so on. So with all this judgment and assumptions made all of you look like idiots as I didn’t disappear and have had nothing but issues regarding that car including what Tesla themselves caused me cause of error. So before you pass judgment and become internet lawyers or internet detectives, why don’t you get facts. Facts is what I have. Also to those who said that the mileage doesn’t add up, well I purchased the vehicle on may 5th 2018 with 50 miles on it , it now has 9877 miles on it. Yes it is possible when you don’t live in liberal land like the inner city and when you live in suburban little towns you have to commute and with running around for kids and going places milage adds. My wife alone does 3000 a month just to work. So again all your judgments and false allegations are bullshit and made you look like a fool.

quote-the-lady-doth-protest-too-much-methinks-william-shakespeare-26-73-43.jpg

Look man i have been following this story in three separate threads ..u went long winded on explanation but just say what happened with Tesla and we will all bounce

(*microwaving popcorn waiting for response*)

this isnt a joke as some of you are playing it out to be, this is serious *sugar* and what happened is serious, Tesla is in deep *sugar* for what they did and the *sugar* storm they caused. They will pay especially when they are sending me emails saying sorry and offering me deals. Sound pretty guilty to me. Emails from their own employees and records don't lie. I am not saying anymore per my attorneys wishes. Read about it when it is over.

• Love
this isnt a joke as some of you are playing it out to be, this is serious *sugar* and what happened is serious, Tesla is in deep *sugar* for what they did and the *sugar* storm they caused. They will pay especially when they are sending me emails saying sorry and offering me deals. Sound pretty guilty to me. Emails from their own employees and records don't lie. I am not saying anymore per my attorneys wishes. Read about it when it is over.
OK

There's nothing wrong with explaining what Tesla did, It's when you start slandering Tesla is where you get into trouble, but explaining the issue like an adult, there is nothing wrong with that.