Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ebay 90XDL for Sale. Fraud?

Fraud?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A new ebay listing from a dealer in FL is listing a Model X 90DL for sale and boasting of the incredible markdown from $160K. The only problem is this car was recently sold from D & M motorsports and their picture of the Window Tag shows $151K. The ebay picture of the window tag is a bit fuzzy and looks like it may have been altered. Besides the price, of which the ebay listing shows an added charge after the 90kWh battery with performance and then again for the 90kWh battery, the line items also don't appear to line up. Am I missing something? Is it possible that Tesla had two different window stickers made?

Ebay Listing: 2016 Tesla Model X | eBay

D & M Listing: 2016 Tesla Model X P90D Stock # M6203 for sale near Glen Ellyn, IL | IL Tesla Dealer

They're definitely inflating the MSRP. I'd trust the window sticker that had $151k.

Also, the Ludicrous performance upgrade was a separate option from the battery upgrade. It was possible to purchase a non-Ludicrous P90D.

Seems like the D&M listing went off the sticker whereas the ebay seller isn't too familiar with what they're selling. They don't even mention the range. This probably has more to do with foolishness than malice.

To answer your question, I vote no. Fraud is all about intent. I see this no different from a conventional automobile dealer who tells a customer that the dealership is losing money at their "rock-bottom" sales price, or any other representation that is intended to coerce a sale, but does not misrepresent what is being sold.

If the Model X really had a 75kWh battery instead of a 90, then yes. If it had been in an accident, and the representation was that it had never been in an accident, then yes.

Fraud is a very strong word in my profession. We tread carefully before we assert it.

Reactions: Cowby
They're definitely inflating the MSRP. I'd trust the window sticker that had $151k.

Also, the Ludicrous performance upgrade was a separate option from the battery upgrade. It was possible to purchase a non-Ludicrous P90D.

Seems like the D&M listing went off the sticker whereas the ebay seller isn't too familiar with what they're selling. They don't even mention the range. This probably has more to do with foolishness than malice.
The window sticker is $160,450.

They both have a window sticker with the correct vin. The 160k one is 01/16 and the 151k one is 02/16

my guess is maybe it is a founders edition with such a low vin, and the second window sticker is correct since they had a discount in the purchase price of the vehicle and the first sticker is the msrp without the founders edition discount.

thank you all for the replies. Yes, fraud may have been a bit harsh and I'll be more careful to use that term moving forward in open forums like this, but it seemed more than plausible considering that both window stickers had the same vin with 2 very different line items. Either way, I think we all can agree something isn't right with all this; between the quick turnover and the odd situation with the window sticker.
...now to find gently used X in need of a home!

There are a couple mysteries. The car was sold by D&M in Illinois with a copy of the window sticker. Mileage was 5936, although a picture shows 4245. It ends up in Florida with 5968 miles and an original window sticker (as opposed to a copy) that is different from D&M and has been folded in half.

Will Tesla send you a new windows sticker upon request? Do they mail it folded in an 9x12 envelope?

The D&M asking price was $119,995. Did Naples get it much cheaper, then truck it down to Florida hoping to sell it for $116,995?

Naples Auto Collection seems to be a reputable dealer. Unlikely that fraud is involved. Considering the price of the car, I expect they know what they're doing. We just don't know what happened.

Tesla has 9 X P90Ds showing up on EV-CPO ranging from $104,500 to $114,000 although none equipped quite as well as the Naples car.

If I were you I'd check out the 2 CPO cars in the San Francisco area.

Model X Signature 5YJXCBE4XGFS00909 | Tesla
Model X P90D 5YJXCAE44GFF00040 | Tesla

I think the $151k is correct. The $35k increase from the never produced 70D base includes the $15k battery upgrade, which is a second line in the $160k.

The car also appears to have 22" wheels, which the $151k includes and the $160k does not.

im not going to call it fraud but i will say its the type of BS that used car salesmen pull .. they didnt pay anywhere near that lowballed the original owner on his trade and wont tell you if it had been damaged or not but will gladly mark up the price and try to sell it to you... not to mention the original owner took the tax credit

Oops, I hit enter too soon...I was saying the window sticker was in the glove box and we took a photo of it. Great car for someone, we also have a nice silver one with 1200 miles... I know many people dislike dealers but at the end of the day I work just like everyone else and want to maintain a 5 star reputation. Any questions my personal cell is 239-285-4992.