Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ebay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is a red flag to me, unless the broker is also an independent fiduciary. Escrow.com says it handles motor vehicles. That implies that it handles titles since proof of ownership on a motor vehicle is the title documents issues by the state where the car is registered.

Does anyone know if the Ebay member called "telsa_motors" with a location in California is actually Tesla motors? They sell new Tesla stuff and they have "Buy-It-Now" prices that are better than the prices at Tesla's website, plus they have free shipping on a lot of items. And in looking at their feedback (152 - 100% positive), they accept a lot of "offers" that are below the "Buy-it-Now" prices, and you can make offers on many of their listing...

tesla_motors | eBay

Interesting.

Does anyone know if the Ebay member called "telsa_motors" with a location in California is actually Tesla motors? They sell new Tesla stuff and they have "Buy-It-Now" prices that are better than the prices at Tesla's website, plus they have free shipping on a lot of items. And in looking at their feedback (152 - 100% positive), they accept a lot of "offers" that are below the "Buy-it-Now" prices, and you can make offers on many of their listing...

tesla_motors | eBay

Interesting.
Quite so. Especially since I just bought a CHAdeMO adapter and paid more than they're asking.

tesla_motors | eBay

Interesting.
Don't think this is Tesla's. And I think Tesla would be interested in the trademark infringement.

User ID Effective Date End Date
tesla_motors Jan-08-17 Present
tesla_store Dec-08-16 Jan-08-17
gomelinfo777 Feb-08-16 Dec-08-16

• Informative
Reactions: Canuck
Stay away without a clean title ...

Someone I know bought a car... the seller sent a check to the bank .. bank confirmed receipt and a clear title on the phone, transaction completed. Few weeks later, check did not clear, lien still in force. Dude got screwed out of thousands .....

Do we really think Tesla would be buying tea, toys, clocks, etc. through a company eBay ID? (Check the "feedback as buyer" section for this ID.) There is no way it could be Tesla's. I do wonder where the stuff is coming from, tho. Out the back door of a SC? --- Just saying.....

Good eye. I never caught that.

Curious on why you bought it from eBay for $435 when Tesla is selling it for only $15 more.

@ohmman bought his Chademo adaptor from Tesla but was saying perhaps he could have saved money from the ebay vendor.

If Tesla was the vendor, and the items came with a warranty, it might be worth making an offer at say $400 for the Chademo adaptor, since you also get free shipping. If accepted, you could save perhaps $100. That might be worth it. But given it's not Tesla, I will be staying away. I already have the Chademo adaptor anyway but it's interesting to see what he has for sale. I also wonder where he got this stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: ohmman

@ohmman bought his Chademo adaptor from Tesla but was saying perhaps he could have saved money from the ebay vendor.

If Tesla was the vendor, and the items came with a warranty, it might be worth making an offer at say $400 for the Chademo adaptor, since you also get free shipping. If accepted, you could save perhaps $100. That might be worth it. But given it's not Tesla, I will be staying away. I already have the Chademo adaptor anyway but it's interesting to see what he has for sale. I also wonder where he got this stuff.

He is probably one of those people that got 1k per referral and bought some merchandise to sell.

• Informative

I bought my Chademo adaptor from an ebay vendor (babysharkev) for $400 with free shipping. Came in a sealed Tesla box. Had no problems with it. This vendor has a a bunch of Tesla stuff.

Did he tell you how he obtained it? I like to know the source of my products so I am not inadvertently supporting any nefarious activity.

I agree, he told me he was licensed re-seller. You can look him up on ebay. Has been on there since 2002, lots of feedback, all positive. He seems to be selling Tesla electrical products (the cable bundle, wall chargers, etc.). All are there for list price or best offer with free shipping.

• Informative
I asked the seller "tesla_motors" the following question:

What is the date of purchase from Tesla Motors? Is the one year warranty transferrable to the buyer? Do you have a receipt that indicates when the warranty began?

The response was:

No warranty.
Thanks

I was very tempted by the potential discount, but I wonder if these adapters were purchased fraudulently. I have had zero problems with Tesla taking care of any of the issues I've had with my vehicle, but I wouldn't blame them for denying warranty service on an ill-gotten adapter.