Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eberhard upgrade of MC to 40 amps with adapters

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, not to sound too cynical... but to truly follow tradition, it would have to cost James more to build than Martin originally told him it would. Then James would have to effectively raise the price by making "optional" items that were previously included as standard. :tongue::smile:

We have already done that. The original deal from Martin was basically at cost for parts and shipping. He was doing them as a favor for friends. Then they started showing up in pictures and people wanted them. We are making a small profit on them, but not much. It is a labor of love because we are all fans of the Tesla Roadster. It keeps my technicians busy.

We have 30+ orders in the past three weeks.

Another Tesla Roadster owner has approached me about two other items that are very useful on a Tesla Roadster. It looks like we might become the Tesla Roadster aftermarket accessory company. It should be up on the website in a week or so.

Last edited:
attachment.php?attachmentid=336&stc=1&d=1250105899.jpg

Attachments

• jewelbox.jpg
    jewelbox.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 325
  • fancybox.JPG
    fancybox.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
It just got another email from a Roadster owner suggesting that we need to start numbering the RFMC and assign something similar to the VIN.

So "owners" can identify themselves by their number, their production start date, delivery date, etc.

Tesla tradition is important.

Product description for the $9,000 optional Executive Leather and Carbon Fiber RFMC:

The Signature Series of the RFMC will all be fully loaded with every optional NEMA pigtail adapter. Exective leather with contrast stitching around the cable and the exposed carbon fiber box blends woven carbon fiber with leather to create that luxurious and sporty feel to your recharging experience.

Last edited:
We have figured out how to upgrade the MC240 from Tesla so that it can do 40 amps and have all of our adapters. Contact me if you are interested.

What would be the advantage of the Tesla version ? (GFCI ?) ... I know it's not space savings ! ?Warranty ...

What would be the cost difference ?

Edit: Just saw your new separate thread ... still, what's the warranty difference ?

Last edited:
What would be the advantage of the Tesla version ? (GFCI ?) ... I know it's not space savings ! ?Warranty ...

What would be the cost difference ?

Edit: Just saw your new separate thread ... still, what's the warranty difference ?

There is no impact on warranty. Tesla does not mind people using our unit. They are fully aware that it is out there and many people are using them.