Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eberhard upgrade of MC to 40 amps with adapters

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since we're talking about fitting things in the trunk, this is a good place for me to point out this bag I recently bought. It fits PERFECTLY to one side or the other of the trunk. It's as if the shape was designed specifically to fit the Tesla trunk.

OGIO Gymbo Street Duffel

41fbywo2pYL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I was told he had 220V but after my one-way trip to Sector 111 in Temecula I found that even though I had brought my RF kit I was still out of luck except the 3 MPHC from the 120 plug.

This (left side) is the wall plug nearest the car and another further away (behind the grinder)
Sector111plugs1.jpg

The compressor was plugged into this socket.
Sector11plugtype2.jpg

Neither is included in the Roadster Foundry Kit. So I plugged in the 120 and Shinoo took me to the local hardware store and electric supply house (for cable). I bought a wall mount 14-50 receptacle and a pretty nifty Leviton kit plug that came with a a spare pin and a cross hole pattern so it could have worked for many different plugs.
CIMG7101.jpg
I cobbled together an adapter to work in the nearest socket and we were off to the races.
AdapterforSector111sml.jpg

The RF box lit up 40 amps so I was getting 35 MPHC. By the time we were done with our work at 8:30PM I had a full Std charge of 190 miles.

We took it down to 172 after some demonstrations and I told Shinoo to put in a (underated) 14-50 and got home fine but now I after these two discoveries and the new plug type at Irwindale raceway I have to decide if I want to fill the entire trunk with every adapter possible.:eek:

At minimum I'm thinking about some more compact ways of carrying a selection.

Last edited:
Since we're talking about fitting things in the trunk, this is a good place for me to point out this bag I recently bought. It fits PERFECTLY to one side or the other of the trunk. It's as if the shape was designed specifically to fit the Tesla trunk.

OGIO Gymbo Street Duffel

Can you post some pix?

Mods.
Trunk thread?

And question for Tdave (picture would help) ... so if you have two of these ... would they fit side-by-side :biggrin: ?