Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

eCall emergency call system needs service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Add ours to the list - I'm not in a position to sort other than phone help and soft (followed by a drive) and hard reboots (last thing) not resolving it. Hopefully it will sort itself out before journey home.

I believe as well as rear cam, GPS etc all being knocked out, I think other sensors also out of action as apparently screen graphics of other vehicles not working as expected (didn't hear in which way other than something missing) - rear parking sensors worked though.

Other than GPD location not updating, as expected, Teslafi recorded a normal journey and traffic info updated after reboot, albeit at fixed location.

Last charge 48 hours ago so not related to that.

Hopefully update will permanently resolve at some point.

All back to normal. Other than the two reboots this morning, nothing else needed other than just leaving it parked up all day.

I did 'look in' a couple of times via App and TeslaFi during the day, and location still wrong, but this evening, TeslaFi shows that location corrected itself some point during the few seconds between car being woken (17:35:43 sleeping -> waking, drive, 0mph, wrong gps) and on its way (17:36:05 drive, 10mph, correct gps)

Last edited:
Reactions: Roy W.
Well, our 'eCall emergency call system needs service' has, erm, resulted in need of a service.

A fault was logged which has been subsequently remotely diagnosed and parts needing ordering resulting in a further 3-1/2 week delay to our already long wait for things to fix. Parts described as being for the 'driver assist issue' that was reported as part of eCall not being available, ie loss of ultrasound and visual sensor feedback on main display.

Or it may just be the window open issue, but I wouldn't describe that as 'driver assist'.

Either way, worth logging a fault when it occurs.

upload_2020-1-16_12-3-53.png

Had this message appear today, after getting into the car with it previously been sat on the driveway for a few hours. Can't remember if it came up whilst in Park or when I went into Drive but it went away within a few minutes. Rear camera was functional. Didn't notice anything else untoward. Checked afterwards that the sensors were still working.

Well, our 'eCall emergency call system needs service' has, erm, resulted in need of a service.

A fault was logged which has been subsequently remotely diagnosed and parts needing ordering resulting in a further 3-1/2 week delay to our already long wait for things to fix. Parts described as being for the 'driver assist issue' that was reported as part of eCall not being available, ie loss of ultrasound and visual sensor feedback on main display.

Or it may just be the window open issue, but I wouldn't describe that as 'driver assist'.

Either way, worth logging a fault when it occurs.

View attachment 500771

I take it during this time that there was also no signal on the car as well?

I reported this error but they claimed nothing was in the logs so if you do find the offending part please update

Spoke to Tesla about this bug report thing and they said that they don’t know where the data goes, so I gave up with the reports

To clarify I have been using the bug reports many times and it was no help and not recorded in the car logs when service checked the car and I asked about the bug reports and they said they don't know where the data goes, so it may not even make it back to Tesla or may end up somewhere in California nobody knows!

The only time I’ve had a software problem was when I tried opening the new music creation app which caused the screen to reboot and is the reason all my fans are still waiting for Massive Carbon Footprint’s debut album ‘My EV is on Fire’ to hit all popular streaming services.

• Funny
Happened to me this morning. "Emergency Call System Needs Service", no GPS, no camera, no auto pilot or cruise control. Several reboots failed to fix it. Left it during the day and working fine again now. Damned software!

Happened to me this morning. "Emergency Call System Needs Service", no GPS, no camera, no auto pilot or cruise control. Several reboots failed to fix it. Left it during the day and working fine again now. Damned software!

I think this whole issue is something to do with the sim card signal having a problem hence the call system not working.

I think the problem is related to the sim network having a blank out of signal causing this error then it just needs some sort of reboot to fix it but rebooting the car doesn’t always reset the sim it seems

I have the issue for three days now- I have done all the power reboots but the issue remains.
Tesla have asked that I bring the car into them which is a bit of a pain as it is a 7 hour round trip.
Teslafi now records all my journeys with the exact same start and end location but the distance traveled is recorded correctly.