Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ECall emergency call system requires service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi I am reaching out to see if this is a common issue with others model 3 drivers.
First time this error appeared,I arranged a service visit as the vehicle had lost all autopilot functions,windscreen wipers sensors,sat nav,reversing camera.
After several attempts at a soft reset
a“hard” reset was carried out at the service centre costing £200.
Then advised the computer needed replacing at a cost of £1500 to resolve the issue.
I am disappointed at the response from Tesla edinburgh.
The vehicle is just under two years old mileage at 57000miles.I have been advised the vehicle is out of warranty therefore to get the features back I will have to pay.
Having paid for the FSD software for it to now be unusable is an outrage.

• Disagree
Reactions: Red Ryder 3
The vehicle is just under two years old mileage at 57000miles.I have been advised the vehicle is out of warranty therefore to get the features back I will have to pay.

The vehicle warranty is 4 years OR 50,000 miles. From your post, you have driven more than 50,000 miles, thus the car is no longer under warranty, so I dont understand any "outrage", other than being unlucky at having a part fail outside of warranty.

You drive a lot, which is what it is, but that means you exceeded the warranty and there is nothing for you to get outraged about, regarding paying for parts.

Hi I am reaching out to see if this is a common issue with others model 3 drivers.
First time this error appeared,I arranged a service visit as the vehicle had lost all autopilot functions,windscreen wipers sensors,sat nav,reversing camera.
After several attempts at a soft reset
a“hard” reset was carried out at the service centre costing £200.
Then advised the computer needed replacing at a cost of £1500 to resolve the issue.
I am disappointed at the response from Tesla edinburgh.
Having paid for the FSD software for it to now be unusable is an outrage.
My car has the following issues "Intermittently failing GPS, Day/night detection, reversing cameras, eCall emergency needs service" has been intermittent since day 1 and Tesla service initially blamed software / my USB music device being corrupt.
Often they'll start working again after 5-15 minutes.
Car has been in for service and they believe they've detected a fault - might be same issue as yours. It's a "ground fault" in the computers at the top of the windscreen. The guy said he dissassembled it and found oxidation on the wire that connects to ground.

Just had the same fault develop on 6 month old 3LR on the 27 MAY 2022
Initially 07:22 it came up with RCM2_a254 ecall emergency call system not available - check cellular connection.
Then 15:45 on the way home UI_e045 ecall emergency system requires service -schedule service. It was holding up the computer, no music, no indicators nada control. Same as my issue with it trying to call 129

So I will do a as it says and send it in again. already been in with external temp issue, rattle which was not fully fixed, not releasing the charge plug via app.

Also got issues with my Tesla USB sentry constantly needing re formatting. 3 times this week.

129 issue today If I reboot phone the head unit works again, so de registered phone deleted tesla app. reinstalled tesla app and re registered phone with key card and Bluetooth.

Lost home wifi connection few times last time Sunday for no reason needed to simply tell it to reconnect.

I have no other non tesla items no USBs so other than a samsung S9 phone.

I’ve had the eCall Emergency call system requires service (70 plate M3, about 17k miles) At the same time i have booked in for a windscreen replacement (another thread) but I can also see a line of the service centre visit that says “update Vegicle Firmware to prevent loss of eCall functionality“ along with the windscreen replacement, an retrofit the trunk lid harness and reseal upper control arm ball joint…

So by booking in for a windscreen fix looks like they have 3 routine things they will do too, including a firmware update to fix the eCall, which suggests its a known issue (I hadn’t yet logged the issue) and a software fix but will confirm after my visit…