Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ECheck (Ohio) -

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Plates are up for renewal and when I try to renew online the oplates website is asking for verification of echeck. I read online that electric cars can get an permanent exemption, but it has to be inspected by "Ohio EPA Mobile Sources field staff" and it lists the only field office in Twinsburg, Ohio.

Anyone have luck taking their vehicle to a "full service inspection" facility instead?

Huh. I've lived in Ohio all my life and never run into anything like that.
Ohio law requires emission testing only where it is federally required. Ohio's vehicle testing program is currently required only for vehicles registered in seven Ohio counties. These seven counties are all located in the Cleveland area (Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain, Medina, Portage and Summit counties).

• Informative
Reactions: Brian-MS90D
Ohio law requires emission testing only where it is federally required. Ohio's vehicle testing program is currently required only for vehicles registered in seven Ohio counties. These seven counties are all located in the Cleveland area (Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain, Medina, Portage and Summit counties).

Yes, sorry i did not clarify. NE Ohio - Lorain County.

I guess I'll take it to the Field Location and let you know.

Reactions: JohnnyG
I know this is an old thread, but I found it at some point. Just drive it out to Twinsburg with the registration and they'll give you the exemption; if they know it's a Tesla they won't even come out to look at it. I had mine in about 30 minutes from walk-in.