TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

ECheck (Ohio) -

Discussion in 'Model S' started by vesder21, Aug 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. vesder21

vesder21 Member

Plates are up for renewal and when I try to renew online the oplates website is asking for verification of echeck. I read online that electric cars can get an permanent exemption, but it has to be inspected by "Ohio EPA Mobile Sources field staff" and it lists the only field office in Twinsburg, Ohio.

Anyone have luck taking their vehicle to a "full service inspection" facility instead?

2. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Member

Huh. I've lived in Ohio all my life and never run into anything like that.

3. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Weee!

Ohio law requires emission testing only where it is federally required. Ohio's vehicle testing program is currently required only for vehicles registered in seven Ohio counties. These seven counties are all located in the Cleveland area (Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain, Medina, Portage and Summit counties).

• Informative x 1
  4. Brian-MS90D

Brian-MS90D Member

Southwest Ohio used to have ECheck but it was ended in our region many many years ago.

5. vesder21

vesder21 Member

Yes, sorry i did not clarify. NE Ohio - Lorain County.

I guess I'll take it to the Field Location and let you know.

• Like x 1