Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Echo Auto In Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
welp. got to use it all of one day. Setup was easy and did a couple test commands for SiriusXm and Apple Music.
but, went to leave this morning for work and the Echo kept saying it was trying to connect to my phone.
checked the bluetooth settings and it showed connected, but the thing still wouldnt connect.

i was running late for work so i did have any time to troubleshoot the issue. Will see if it connects when i leave this afternoon
I got mine today and had the BT connection issue. I rebooted the phone and it cleared up. I love it for SiriusXM. It works great. Only complaint is that I don’t seem to get the artwork with this setup. When I just used the SiriusXM app in my phone without Alexa, I got the artwork on the Tesla screen.

I got mine today and had the BT connection issue. I rebooted the phone and it cleared up. I love it for SiriusXM. It works great. Only complaint is that I don’t seem to get the artwork with this setup. When I just used the SiriusXM app in my phone without Alexa, I got the artwork on the Tesla screen.

i actually had to completely reset the device and start from scratch.
funny thing is when i got back in the car with the family it failed to connect again.

"hey guys check this out...Alexa..."
"I am still trying to connect to your phone.."
*kids and wife bust up laughing*

finally it connected about 10 min later while we were driving down the road.

i actually had to completely reset the device and start from scratch.
funny thing is when i got back in the car with the family it failed to connect again.

"hey guys check this out...Alexa..."
"I am still trying to connect to your phone.."
*kids and wife bust up laughing*

finally it connected about 10 min later while we were driving down the road.
This happens to me frequently, sorry to say...

No XM artwork via Alexa. This is discussed earlier in the thread.

This happens to me frequently, sorry to say...

yeah i am not sure if this is going to work for me.
Got in the car this morning and it would not connect again. tried a few times on my way to work, but nothing.
Check the Alexa app and the Echo wasnt even showing. So, i had to set it back up.
Hopefully it will still be there when i leave this afternoon

yeah i am not sure if this is going to work for me.
Got in the car this morning and it would not connect again. tried a few times on my way to work, but nothing.
Check the Alexa app and the Echo wasnt even showing. So, i had to set it back up.
Hopefully it will still be there when i leave this afternoon

Did you try toggling Airplane mode on your phone? It seems to fix the connection problem.

FYI I was having similar issues connecting, but that was when the Echo Auto was powered on full time from the front USB ports. Once I moved it to the back, and re-wired under some center console plastic peices, the thing works pretty darn good. Really only gives me a problem now if I dont have cell coverage, but thats expected.
I figure reseting the device and powering it on every time you drive, and having it establish a fresh BT connection it seems to work better.

I got mine this morning but I can’t seem to get it to do anything. I’ve been through the set up twice. When I say Alexa, the LED lights up and I get an audio tone but it doesn’t respond to any commands. Not quite sure what I’m missing.

Confirmed with Amazon the iOS issue... Should have a fix in two days - see below chat session...

echo auto.JPG

Reactions: jvmoore1