Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eco Friendly Carport for Electric Vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bet it works better than you think as I count 24 solar panels. I have 28 panels on my house and I estimate the Roadster uses 8 and the house 20 of my 255 watt panels. I figure each panel is worth 3 miles of driving per day in NE Tennessee in my Roadster. So my use is 3 miles X 8 panels X 30 days or 720 miles a month or over 8000 miles/year.

Last edited:
I bet it works better than you think as I count 24 solar panels. I have 28 panels on my house and I estimate the Roadster uses 8 and the house 20 of my 255 watt panels. I figure each panel is worth 3 miles of driving per day in NE Tennessee in my Roadster.

Agreed... that's 6-7kW of power, 18 - 36 kWhs/day or >19000 miles/yr.... more than enough.

It looks fairly flat, so they are going to loose a lot of the panel rated power production, but it's still probably more than enough for most people.

I have only 20 240W pannels, and I produced over 8628kWh last year. That's enough to drive the Model S for 25.9k miles (assuming an average 333Wh/mile).