Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eco Hitch Install in Atlanta area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a eco hitch on my Model S P85. Tesla installed it for me in 2012 or 2013. Now I have a P100D and Tesla SC won't install it since it is not a Tesla accessory. The only place I can find to install it for me is Cooper Lake Automotive in Smyrna/Marietta. It is been difficult to get an appointment given I travel a lot and it is quite far from me (I live in Decatur).

Does anyone know of anyone else who could do a good professional job of installing this for me? I realize it is something that I *could* do but that is really not my thing and it makes me nervous to do that kind of work on my car.

Hey Plinck,

Thank you for your interest in the Model S EcoHitch! It looks like Cooper Lake Automotive is our closest Certified Installer in your area since our network is continually growing, but there are a couple other options for you:

1. You can continue to try ad make an appointment at Cooper Lake for the installation.
OR
2. If there's no way for you to make it out there, you can find a local body shop or vehicle repair shop in your area that you trust - they should be able to do the installation if they read the instructions carefully. To help you feel more comfortable about the installation, if you send us the shop's information and phone number, we'd also be more than happy to reach out to them to discuss the install with the shop before you bring your vehicle in to clarify any questions they might have.

Please let us know if there is anything further we can help you with and we look forward to hearing what you think about the EcoHitch once you get it installed!

• Informative
Reactions: SeminoleFSU
I had a eco hitch on my Model S P85. Tesla installed it for me in 2012 or 2013. Now I have a P100D and Tesla SC won't install it since it is not a Tesla accessory. The only place I can find to install it for me is Cooper Lake Automotive in Smyrna/Marietta. It is been difficult to get an appointment given I travel a lot and it is quite far from me (I live in Decatur).

Does anyone know of anyone else who could do a good professional job of installing this for me? I realize it is something that I *could* do but that is really not my thing and it makes me nervous to do that kind of work on my car.

Did you ever get the EcoHitch installed, and if you did how was your experience? There are no installers in Birmingham so I was thinking about coming over to ATL to have it inistalled.