Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Economic Trade-Offs to Building Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All I was asking is. What has Tesla been doing. If your answer is "everything they need to". fine.
Again I asked this because one of Tesla's dozens of automotive / production geniuses that they hired set the bar on his efforts and work at another company - as we learned in class here at Northwestern University.

As this one question has caused so much of a stir.....lets just drop it. I'll make all comments in an optimistic approving manner.

The way some of your posts read, it sounded like you were accusing Tesla of taking longer than they should. You might even seemed to imply that you could do it faster.
(It seems many in this forum interpreted what you wrote the same way)

Are you actually asking for someone with insider knowledge of what is going on at the plant to comment on what they are actually doing?
Not sure you are going to get much info. I have to say I'm quite surprised that Tesla has as good of a lockdown on insider leaks as they do. (Aside from the one Kuka robot guy)
They must have some really good NDA's.

The way some of your posts read, it sounded like you were accusing Tesla of taking longer than they should. You might even seemed to imply that you could do it faster.
(It seems many in this forum interpreted what you wrote the same way)

Are you actually asking for someone with insider knowledge of what is going on at the plant to comment on what they are actually doing?
Not sure you are going to get much info. I have to say I'm quite surprised that Tesla has as good of a lockdown on insider leaks as they do. (Aside from the one Kuka robot guy)
They must have some really good NDA's.
My question is this: If I was accusing Tesla of taking longer than they should.....is that a violation of some sort? Or is the only option in the forum to support Tesla? I do support Tesla....I'm buying another one for goodness sake which is more than most here can say.

What violation have I made?

I believe Tesla is the greatest automotive startup ever. <-- that's good to say..

My question is this: If I was accusing Tesla of taking longer than they should.....is that a violation of some sort?

Of course not, don't be silly.
Or is the only option in the forum to support Tesla?
Again. You know full well that it isn't.

What violation have I made?
Sigh .... None. People have told you, repeatedly, that the problem they have is that you keep asking the same thing, just about every month, and then refuse to believe any of the explanations that people give you. The way that you ask the question seriously implies that you think that there is more Tesla could be doing to speed the process. While you are certainly allowed to have that opinion you should be a little less defensive when people give you their opinion on why you're wrong.

Of course not, don't be silly.

Again. You know full well that it isn't.

Sigh .... None. People have told you, repeatedly, that the problem they have is that you keep asking the same thing, just about every month, and then refuse to believe any of the explanations that people give you. The way that you ask the question seriously implies that you think that there is more Tesla could be doing to speed the process. While you are certainly allowed to have that opinion you should be a little less defensive when people give you their opinion on why you're wrong.
So what I keep asking the same question. Hopefully someone new comes along.

It may not be much to many of you, but I own 100 shares of TSLA.

I'm hoping on a second by second basis that Tesla does better no matter what. Competition is going to be breathing down Tesla's neck soon. I want my stock to at least double before I pull out a large down payment on my Model 3.

Last edited:
So what I keep asking the same question. Hopefully someone new comes along.
In that case, can you please just ask it (again and again) in the one thread dedicated to this question, instead of spreading it around to various threads like this one?

If you can provide a link (or book title) about that Audi executive that you mentioned, then some of us can read it to. Maybe then we'll be able to understand your question a little better.

I have a company. I have a good idea on how "long" this kind of thing takes. Tesla hired tons of geniuses concerning manufacturing and design and engineering from everywhere about 14 months ago. Is that not a fact?

Tesla on a hiring spree in the Bay Area
Tesla Hires Audi Assembly Veteran as Musk Seeks Output Surge
Tesla (TSLA) creates new Chief Accounting Officer role, hires SunPower’s top controller
Tesla Hires Experienced Solar Industry Executive -- The Motley Fool
Tesla hires a longtime Audi exec to oversee its Model 3 production
Tesla keeps hiring more ex-Apple employees to help with autonomous car design
Tesla needs better interiors, hires Volvo’s head of interiors to help

All I'm asking is what have these great guys been doing? Tesla did the right thing by hiring over 700 years of experience worth of successful people last year. I can certainly speculate that they have been getting suppliers and production line stuff together. That's fine. And this is not a big deal to me......I'm just casually asking because many of the people Tesla pulled away from other vendors were praised for getting things done in record time. For instance the Chief of production at Audi put the production line for the A4 together in 2.6 months from scratch with an unlimited budget and received all kinds of awards and became known multiple times as Mr. Production in the business. Pencils were down on the alpha Model 3 when he was hired....so design was done. I thought it was an excellent hire by Tesla. For those who watch USA basketball....this team Tesla put together is far more talented than the Golden State Warriors and are by far the highest paid in the automotive industry. Great recruiting Tesla.

To answer your original question, many of the new hires are involved in making the machine that makes the machine. Some are even working on visualization tools along with SpaceX employees to aid in design. There are also at least four new Tesla products on the horizon, Tesla Semi, Tesla Truck, Tesla Roadster II, and the Tesla Model Y. This is not even counting the Tesla Energy products. There's a ton of work that still needs to be done and these new hires are probably hard at work. As far Model 3 everything looks like they are on track for this year. Raw material sourcing is done, suppliers are being checked and audited, rumors on TMC say that some Model 3 parts have already arrived at Tesla and are being stored.