Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ecstatic to be a part of the club - MS 85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings all! I've been lurking around here for a while now, getting ideas and reading reviews / discussions to get a better idea of what I wanted for my first MS.

As of Monday she is finally here and I could not be happier. I've been a fan of Tesla for a while, being a "computer guy" I've always been intrigued by the technical concepts and safety but as soon as Autopilot finally came to fruition, I pulled the trigger. I'm planning on doing a full writeup on the pre-order, ordering, factory tour and delivery process on the 'Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions', but for now just saying Hi.

Build Sheet:
  • Model S 85D
  • Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
  • All Glass Panoramic Roof
  • 21" Grey Turbine Wheels
  • Grey Next Generation Seats
  • Matte Obeche Wood Décor
  • Black Alcantara Headliner
  • Autopilot Convenience Features
  • Premium Interior and Lighting
  • Ultra High Fidelity Sound

DSC_1398.jpg
DSC_1389.jpg
DSC_1406.jpg

Very nice. Congrats! I wish the black headliner were available as a separate upgrade. It really finishes off the interior nicely. I just couldn't justify $3k for headliner, given non of the other interior upgrades really sang to me. I'm waiting on my black 85D to finish production, hopefully by the end of the week.

Yea, the premium interior was the one option that I really was on the fence about. Most of the cost is likely from the power liftgate which I dont care much about at all, so separating that out would have made my decision much easier. I finally caved and added it as my guilty pleasure (although arguably the entire vehicle is) and very happy about it so far.

when you map your destination, it'll tell you how much time you need to spend on each superchargers to maximize your travel time. My wife and I never follow it. We always do 100% for road trips.

have fun. you'll love every minute of it coz you're not paying a single dime for gas. :tongue:

Thanks! Taking the obligatory new car road trip from Phoenix to San Diego tomorrow.

I've got a little bit of range anxiety but will probably fill up to 80% at each of the superchargers along the way to be extra safe.

Welcome to the family!

Looks pretty close to mine even the center console, aside from the 21 wheels and matte obeche. The gray interior with the black headliner is just straight killer.

You have now ruined any old driving experiences. You're a Tesla driver for life now!

Very nice. Congrats! I wish the black headliner were available as a separate upgrade. It really finishes off the interior nicely. I just couldn't justify $3k for headliner, given non of the other interior upgrades really sang to me. I'm waiting on my black 85D to finish production, hopefully by the end of the week.

If you like coffins, then yes you vampire.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, nice jacket and congratulations.