Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(Moderator note)

Thread title has been changed to better reflect the general waiting room nature of this thread. I will not be enforcing this as the only waiting room thread. I just changed the thread title to reflect its general discussion nature.
=================================================

OD: 1/13
EDD: 1/15 - 1/22
VIN assessignment: 1/13

That seems almost too soon. I am not even ready. Others are getting same?

Last edited by a moderator:
Similar situation. Ordered in the wee hours of this morning 1/13, got assigned a delivery at 4pm 1/15 which is this Sunday. I think the only account I can use for final payment is my checking but with the weekend I won't have the funds into that account until 1/17. (I couldn't double check the accepted payment methods because the app has been flaking in various ways, servers probably overburdened.) I texted them about these issues and somebody on their end bumped my delivery (which is actually a pickup) to Wednesday 1/18 at noon, so that gives me some breathing room.

It's a huge (and welcome) coincidence that these price drops happened when they did. I had a demo ride yesterday and then ate dinner with our Tesla-owning neighbors. We talked a lot about Tesla and whether I should order one. I was 97% ready to pull the trigger. The price drop was all I needed to push me over the edge.

I also made an order today Model Y LR. No VIN yet. How much is the wait time these days? What are the chances to getting it in the next 1 month?
I am not sure what to expect. I had an order last year, and my 3 month EDD ended up becoming almost a full year before I canceled it. Hoping demand is less and vehicle factory output is greater this time around for shorter delivery dates.

Did you reorder now?
I did yesterday! Still no real EDD yet, though I expect it may be a few weeks until my current January-March delivery window narrows a bit more.

I chose the white interior for my Model Y, and I don’t think Austin is doing those yet, so that would leave only Fremont and a potentially longer delivery date for me.

I did yesterday! Still no real EDD yet, though I expect it may be a few weeks until my current January-March delivery window narrows a bit more.

I chose the white interior for my Model Y, and I don’t think Austin is doing those yet, so that would leave only Fremont and a potentially longer delivery date for me.
Mine is the absolute base model for Model Y LR with a Black interior. Say if I accept an inventory car, do I have to pay $250 again, any idea?

Since morning I have seen a few popped up in the inventory with white exteriors and black interiors, which is exactly what I ordered (I should have waited!) . When I click on it asks for my card again for $250.

Reactions: PewPew
Mine is the absolute base model for Model Y LR with a Black interior. Say if I accept an inventory car, do I have to pay $250 again, any idea?

Since morning I have seen a few popped up in the inventory with white exteriors and black interiors, which is exactly what I ordered (I should have waited!) . When I click on it asks for my card again for $250.
If you want an inventory car from the “existing inventory” page, you will need to talk to a Sales Advisor to switch you to one of those; that way you won’t have to pay the order fee again. Alternatively, if you see an option that works for you under your “accelerated delivery” option page (if you have one), you should be able to click on the “select this model” button to just switch your reservation over yourself to a specific vehicle.

• Helpful
Reactions: BitJam
If you want an inventory car from the “existing inventory” page, you will need to talk to a Sales Advisor to switch you to one of those; that way you won’t have to pay the order fee again. Alternatively, if you see an option that works for you under your “accelerated delivery” option page (if you have one), you should be able to click on the “select this model” button to just switch your reservation over yourself to a specific vehicle.
I ordered the MYLR this afternoon hoping to get the newer matrix headlights. Is therea way to find out if existing cars have that? Calling them is almost impossible right now.

my Y order was confirmed and vin assigned.
applied tesla finance and got approved with US bank at 5.99 apr
does tesla allows multiple loan options ? or how can i request tesla to shop around ?
i got good credit and i assume i can get better rate than 5.99

also i am doing trade in. i entered all the details of the trade in vehicle includes loan balance on that vehicle
i think tesla showed me trade in amount and balance i need to apply for the loan
now i see full price of the car and loan with US bank and got the txt to schedule the delivery
so when i will see the trade in numbers and also instructions to take my car and attach my existing plate
all confusing and with no human in between
does all this normal ?