Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EDD just says "September". What does it mean?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR, White/Black, Tow. OD 9/13.

EDD was originally Feb 2022. Than was given date range of mid March, then mid April, then six weeks ago it just says September with no year.

Called SA and he said system is not an showing anything.

It's not September 2022, right? What the heck does it mean?

• Funny
Reactions: Steve S
We can rule out 2021 so that leaves 2022. Mine went from June to December. And '2022' wasn't included in my initial or current EDD. For now, many of us are seeing very conservative 1 year EDD wait times. I would guess it gets better.

As things slide later and later it might make sense for some to forgo the deposit and order a 2023 manufactured vehicle given typical improved build quality over time, updates, and the benefit of being 1 year newer upon resale.

Last edited:
It's not September 2022, right?
I am sorry...
RipeNeedyDeer-max-1mb.gif

I am in NJ and dealing with the same issue. OD 9/11. Original delivery date was Feb. then it went to March-April Then to August, then back to March-April and not it’s has been stuck in a September for more then a month. not sure what’s going on.

MYLR, White/Black, Tow. OD 9/13.

EDD was originally Feb 2022. Than was given date range of mid March, then mid April, then six weeks ago it just says September with no year.

Called SA and he said system is not an showing anything.

is this with full self-driving too?
my OD is 9/6 - hope I don't get punted out to September as well... my EDD 2/14-3/14 right now.

When I clicked the order button in July 2021 the EDD was November 2021. The date moved out, disappeared for awhile, then moved to September. The Saturday before X-mas it was showing September. The next day I was matched with a VIN which I declined. My SA put me on hold until January 1st, 2022. Now Tesla shows my EDD as TBD. (I have NOT yet completed the Trade-In portion of my application.)

I think Tesla currently has three primary issues making time estimates very difficult. First the pandemic supply chain issues. Second, Tesla simply does not know how quickly the new Austin plant will ramp up. They have hopes, but they originally expected Austin to already be shipping cars to customers. Thirdly, some customers are still hoping to delay instead of rush accepting delivery for various reasons including 4680 batteries, and possible EV rebates,

I suppose it could be September 2023. However, I expect you will probably be matched with a VIN sometime during 2022. If you are trying to get it ASAP, make sure you have fully completed and submitted the Delivery Location, Registration, Trade-In, and Payment Method information they request.

It means your order may have just gotten allocated to be produced in Texas. But they have no clue what their production rates will be yet so they just assigned a placeholder estimate until things gear up and they know what the production rate looks like.
^^^This. Everyone reporting a September date in this thread is east of Austin. Tesla knows Austin will start soon and they have split out orders by location and the western US orders will take all of Fremont's production as Austin ramps up so they might not be delivering anything to the east until Austin begins production. Unfortunately you may have to wait a bit longer based on this but your delivery times will be more predictable.