Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EDD Modified from 1/15 to June

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been checking the estimated delivery date for our MY order and it narrowed to 1/15 - 2/10 or so a few weeks back and has been stable since then, so we’re preparing to take delivery. Tonight it jumped to “June”.

Presumably this is a wacky bug / inaccurate? I know the dates tend to jump around but seems pretty bizarre to have a window coming up in 6 days and have it jump by 5 months?

Maybe they decided I’m waiting for an Austin car? Ha

Spoke to them; apparently the factory periodically 'updates their planning' or something like that and the EDDs are set to some kind of default during that period. The advisor couldn't say definitively that the date hadn't actually slipped, but thought based on his experience that June is unlikely and I should be seeing an update soon.

• Informative
Reactions: vct07 and jebinc
Spoke to them; apparently the factory periodically 'updates their planning' or something like that and the EDDs are set to some kind of default during that period. The advisor couldn't say definitively that the date hadn't actually slipped, but thought based on his experience that June is unlikely and I should be seeing an update soon.
Yes, I have seen this before, and it has also happened to me. Next update brought either a VIN or tight EDD.

Reactions: eab6287
My EDD changed to June over a week ago and no updates yet 😔- is this happening to anyone? Is this still considered a glitch since its been over a week?

Purchased in early Oct 2021, EDD changes have been:

• Mar27-Apr-27
  • Feb 27-Mar 27
  • Jun 2022
  • Feb 14-Mar 14
  • Jun 2022
  • Feb 22-Mar 22
  • Jun 2022

Others on this forum have hypothesized that when it just shows an EDD of a single month (it seems to be either June or September right now) it is just a placeholder they dump it into temporarily while they sort out some production plans/backlog lists/order holds. So, I think everyone should treat it as a temporary placeholder and not a real EDD. In this case, temporary may still be a week or more, but it doesn't reflect an actual delivery timeframe.

There should probably be a stickied post at the top of this forum reminding everyone that EDDs will fluctuate all over the place and the original EDD you get right after ordering or from your SA is probably the most accurate and everything else is just noise.