Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • We just completed a significant update, but we still have some fixes and adjustments to make. Please see this thread for more details and to find out how to revert to the old design. Cheers!

EDD without submitting payment method?

Hi, I ordered a MYLR on 9/8 (all standard, no FSD), changed to white interior on 9/13. No EDD yet.

I'm planning to finance through Tesla. However I'm not expecting to take delivery before January 2022 and a credit application is only valid for up to 60 days, so I didn't apply for a loan yet. I just don't want to have an unnecessary hard pull on my credit. Thus the "Prepare for delivery" box is not checked yet.
tesla1.PNG
tesla2.PNG

Is this step required to receive an EDD? Or in other words: Has anyone received an EDD without submitting the payment info?

Upvote 0

night_fury

MYLR OD: 7/11 Blue, 19”, no Tow.
Sep 26, 2021
Seattle
I received my initial EDD without submitting payment information. But then it disappeared after a month or so. Also looking at other people with similar OD, mine is definitely delayed due to delay in payment info.

I would suggest selecting cash for now and calling SA to change it closer to the delivery

pgcoco

Sep 12, 2021
Rancho Cordova
I did the same thing yesterday by selecting cash.
I put my order 2 months ago and had no idea credit offer expires after 2 months. Yesterday my credit expired and I selected cash and told my SA and also told him that I would go with financing during delivery and he was ok with that.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC