Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EDD without submitting payment method?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I ordered a MYLR on 9/8 (all standard, no FSD), changed to white interior on 9/13. No EDD yet.

I'm planning to finance through Tesla. However I'm not expecting to take delivery before January 2022 and a credit application is only valid for up to 60 days, so I didn't apply for a loan yet. I just don't want to have an unnecessary hard pull on my credit. Thus the "Prepare for delivery" box is not checked yet.
tesla1.PNG
tesla2.PNG

Is this step required to receive an EDD? Or in other words: Has anyone received an EDD without submitting the payment info?

I selected cash based on what I’ve heard others do, you can just call in when you have a closer delivery date and switch to financing. Not sure they’ll issue a vin or Edd without ”completing payment”

I received my initial EDD without submitting payment information. But then it disappeared after a month or so. Also looking at other people with similar OD, mine is definitely delayed due to delay in payment info.

I would suggest selecting cash for now and calling SA to change it closer to the delivery

I did the same thing yesterday by selecting cash.
I put my order 2 months ago and had no idea credit offer expires after 2 months. Yesterday my credit expired and I selected cash and told my SA and also told him that I would go with financing during delivery and he was ok with that.

Hi, I ordered a MYLR on 9/8 (all standard, no FSD), changed to white interior on 9/13. No EDD yet.

I'm planning to finance through Tesla. However I'm not expecting to take delivery before January 2022 and a credit application is only valid for up to 60 days, so I didn't apply for a loan yet. I just don't want to have an unnecessary hard pull on my credit. Thus the "Prepare for delivery" box is not checked yet.
View attachment 720011View attachment 720012

Is this step required to receive an EDD? Or in other words: Has anyone received an EDD without submitting the payment info?
Did you click on Your Car, too right corner. That’s where the edd is usually.