Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a couple of questions so I recently have gone through a lemon law with my BRAND NEW car (not Tesla) and I’m still waiting for settlement check aka down payment. I place my order for my model Y LR with FSD in late July early August. My estimated Edd was Jan as shown when you place your deposit. I didn’t complete my profile until October which is my fault because I didn’t pay attention and it made my edd show for jan 30 to feb 15th. Then it changed again to Feb- March. Checked my app this past Sunday and seen it has change December 18th to December 31st. My check haven’t arrived yet and I wasn’t expecting my car until late jan or whatever it said. Spoke with my advisor trying to figure out delivery. He said it would be delivered estimated December 26th but of course not set in stone. Now I’m sure all Tesla owners or people who are waiting for their Tesla are hearing about a tax credit. I’m not into politic so I don’t know that much information but I’m hearing it may pass the senate and Tesla may apply again for some credits. Do you think Tesla would let me push my delievery date to Jan 1st? When is your official purchase date(asking because if tax credit does pass to my understand it’s affective for purchase in 2022)? When you pick up you car or when you loan application is approved? Also is their a bank that anyone has good luck with a better rate than a 2.49% interest rate that Tesla offer? Yes I understand is on a case by case basis just curious. Also I purchase the FSD before all of the price increases should I keep it is it really worth it I’m just debating? When do you get your vin typically? Last question I didn’t want to get the Tesla charger for $500 but I did order the 14-50 adaptor is that going to be okay for over night charging? Let me know again sorry if this is a repeat questions.
Thank you.

I also installed a 14-50. However, I manually lowered (via charging screen) the charge rate to 32A, which works out to be about 8kW. Tesla will usually set the charging to 80% of the circuit (40A on a 14-50). Rarely do I get home with the batteries of less than 20%, so I plug in and in a few hours back up to my "normal" 80%. When planning for a long trip, I will charge to 98% for the next day. I have had no issues with charging (using the mobile charger) with 14-50.
Sometimes I make it home, start charging, then a couple of hours later, want to go back out. Usually by then I'm easily above 60% which is plenty for running around town. For overnight charging, you should be fine. Good luck on your car and delivery.
Thank you so much I take delivery Monday!

Upvote 0