Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Edges of clear bra getting dirt accumulation!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone

I got my invisibra done less than a month ago and I notice this what do you'll think ?

20150831_140553.jpg
20150831_140557.jpg

I have a couple of places, but they are where the film folds over, not in the open. When last I went there, there was a different person then the one that did the work on my car. I was surprised but I didn't ask any questions.

I have a couple of places, but they are where the film folds over, not in the open. When last I went there, there was a different person then the one that did the work on my car. I was surprised but I didn't ask any questions.

Are we talking about same installer in DFW area... I don't want to spoil the reputation of the installer ..This is one of the two installers in DFW area highly recommended by users of this forum

I had mine done at SpeedShield in Addison by Trey. He folds the edges around the body panels specifically to avoid those types of things. The only places I can even tell I have a clear shield on my car is on the rear view mirrors (there is a seam on the back) and there are a couple of tiny air bubbles on one headlight that you have to look close to see. Otherwise, no seams anywhere.

I would go back to the installer and show him your concerns.

Some of those issues can arise from when a client picks up a car thats not completely dry. There are a couple of things you can do. One is to trim out the affected area w dirt, but this can cause for the new exposed area to pull back. Or you can go back and have that piece re done. On one of those pics it looks like the mirror. Some pre cut patters have a couple of kit available for the Tesla mirror. When the Base and Sig model came out years ago it was originally a 2 piece mirror. However recently they have acquired a 1 piece mirror in the clear bra programs for the Model S. You can also see if you can find an experienced paint protection film installer to bulk that mirror. This requires a high level of skill and a steady hand to cut the film & not damage any paint. Hopefully some of this may help you out.

Some of those issues can arise from when a client picks up a car thats not completely dry. There are a couple of things you can do. One is to trim out the affected area w dirt, but this can cause for the new exposed area to pull back. Or you can go back and have that piece re done. On one of those pics it looks like the mirror. Some pre cut patters have a couple of kit available for the Tesla mirror. When the Base and Sig model came out years ago it was originally a 2 piece mirror. However recently they have acquired a 1 piece mirror in the clear bra programs for the Model S. You can also see if you can find an experienced paint protection film installer to bulk that mirror. This requires a high level of skill and a steady hand to cut the film & not damage any paint. Hopefully some of this may help you out.

Thanks for your input. The question here is... are those edges or seams supposed to be visible? Mirror seams are fine but other spots like rear quarter panel etc.

- - - Updated - - -

I had mine done at SpeedShield in Addison by Trey. He folds the edges around the body panels specifically to avoid those types of things. The only places I can even tell I have a clear shield on my car is on the rear view mirrors (there is a seam on the back) and there are a couple of tiny air bubbles on one headlight that you have to look close to see. Otherwise, no seams anywhere.

I would go back to the installer and show him your concerns.

Agreed completely I was not sure those edges should be visible ...otherwise why is it called invisibra?