Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Edinburgh sales experience.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was worried about buying a Tesla based on some of the reports going round the forums... thought I should highlight some good practice!

Bought a car from inventory 3 weeks ago - discounted price... tow bar that I wanted... black colour

I live really far from Edinburgh and was worried about the logistics of getting it as the inventory stock was based down South.

Really good outcome... phones answered within minutes of calling. Really helpful staff doing their best to fit with my tricky schedule. Managed to pick up car at short notice thanks to them pulling out the stops.

Gave me a fair trade in price on my old car and very helpful guy (Harry) introducing me to the new vehicle.

I was really worried about having to sort our some panel gap / paint issues as per loads of posts on here. But car looked mint to me - and Harry seemed to be very aware of issues in other centers (especially round London) and reassured me that the cars leaving Edinburgh were being checked and sorted much better... I have no reason to doubt that based on mine.

What can I say? All went really well and a lot of my concerns were not necessary. Good job!

Reactions: Yev000
Glad you had a good experience. Hope you enjoy the car. The only bad thing about having a Tesla is having to drive something else occasionally. I had to drive my VW Sharan today and I honestly thought it was broken with no regen and instant acceleration.

Now that the mad rush is over you should be able to buy a car in relatively short order.

Quite amusing the amount of time reservation and even early buyers had to wait, only to be 1 month ahead of a 'walk in' customer. Only consolation is that I got the car when it was at the cheapest point.

Glad you had a good experience. Hope you enjoy the car. The only bad thing about having a Tesla is having to drive something else occasionally. I had to drive my VW Sharan today and I honestly thought it was broken with no regen and instant acceleration.

Now that the mad rush is over you should be able to buy a car in relatively short order.

Quite amusing the amount of time reservation and even early buyers had to wait, only to be 1 month ahead of a 'walk in' customer. Only consolation is that I got the car when it was at the cheapest point.

Yeah the reservation experience has not been so good has it... I had my £1k down for a few months - but in the end i was better off waiting... spotting the inventory car and just going for it.

That deposit was no use in the end... and my buying experience was so much nicer than if i had done a custom build and had to wait months for a ship to come in.