TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Edinburgh

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by BelfastEV, Sep 27, 2019.

1. BelfastEV

BelfastEV Member

can we assume once the Q3 rush has passed and Q4 has started that Edinburgh should see it’s fair share of cars ? I’m patiently waiting from N.Ireland !

2. Grummi3

Grummi3 Member

I'm seriously hoping something happens next week too. Had VIN in SC for all of a week until Sept 11, when there was the mass reallocation of Edinburgh vehicles, & it hasn't yet reappeared. My second final invoice (same VIN) has October 9 collection but no other comms either confirming or changing. Hopefully after the mad rush for Q3 end has passed, some vehicles will make it up to Edinburgh again. I presume Edinburgh staff have had a nice wee holiday this last week - or have they all been redeployed to assist doon sooth as well? Fun times.

3. Dickybeau

Dickybeau Member

I spoke to Edinburgh today. According to the person I spoke to, he and a part of his team were going south today to help out with deliveries at other Centres. He was, characteristically vague about when our turn will be. I assume our cars are already here since it appears that the next ship won’t arrive until early November if the information on ships from SAN Francisco is correct. He was talking sometime in the first 2 weeks of October but even made that sound a guess

4. BelfastEV

BelfastEV Member

I rang Edinburgh today and it rang and rang !! Will call them for update after Q3!

5. BelfastEV

BelfastEV Member

Grummi3 keep us updated and I will do likewise as we are very much in the same boat !

6. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK Saving the environment, one person at a time

They are not just shipping from SF - I believe that mine shipped via east coast.

7. Dickybeau

Dickybeau Member

Not sure there are any ships on the spreadsheet coming from Philly

8. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Well-Known Member

Given then importance of "end of Quarter" to Tesla / Wall Street, I would expect Tesla to be busting a gut to get a car to you, if they already had it.

9. Clunk

Clunk Member

Impatiently waiting from Aberdeenshire.
    Apparently people who ordered over 2 months later than me (last week of July versus 9th May) with identical specs (including the towbar) are driving their cars and I don't even have a VIN yet.
    Had to ask EST to extend loan offer as it expired end of September.

10. BelfastEV

BelfastEV Member

Edinburgh expecting a lot of cars end of Oct....

Forgot to ask them , do they do Sunday collections ??

11. Dickybeau

Dickybeau Member

Apparently there are no ships scheduled from the East Coast. Only from SFO

12. BelfastEV

BelfastEV Member

SFO only going forward , but they are going to start arriving directly (Southampton?) which is probably Brexit related .

13. Clunk

Clunk Member

Finally got a source code VIN today. 5yj3xxxxxxx542xxx.
    If I get a final invoice in the next few days I'll be a lot happier.
    Really hoping for pre-Brexit delivery, or at least pre-Brexit payment and arrival of car in UK.

• Like x 1
  14. BelfastEV

BelfastEV Member

I got a second VIN today after first went to someone in England to make Q3 ! Final Invoice 4 lol . Date of 6th Nov , really need it to be 2/3 Nov as I’ll find it hard to collect after then until about the 17th as away with work then away on holiday . Do Edinburgh do Sunday collections???

15. BelfastEV

BelfastEV Member

CAN YOU COLLECT A CAR ON A SUNDAY IN EDINBURGH ?

16. Tonybvi

Tonybvi Member

Don’t know but I’m collecting mine (Model X) from Edinburgh on Saturday 26th!

17. booyaka76

booyaka76 Member

Pretty sure I was offered a Sunday, ended up with a Saturday however

18. BelfastEV

BelfastEV Member

Basis 6th Nov but boat ETA Zerbrugge Oct 26th I’m hoping for a Sun Nov 4th collection as my sons 4th bday Sat 3rd and then I’m abroad for two weeks and I can’t wait any longer !!!!!

19. Dickybeau

Dickybeau Member

I was originally given 18th November but my date is now 6th after I called Edinburgh. It looks like it might be quite tight to get cars from zeebrugge much faster. Might be worth giving them a call.

20. BelfastEV

BelfastEV Member

6th would prob mean me delaying collecting as I’ll be on holiday .6th seems excessive if cars are due 26th into Zeebrugge ?