Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Edison Electron One

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sunvault Energy and Edison Power Company to Build Electric Supercar

"SUNVAULT ENERGY INC. ("Sunvault") ("the Company") (SVLT) and the EDISON POWER COMPANY a Delaware Corporation, announced today that the two corporations are combining their knowledge, experience and technology to create a revolutionary Electric Supercar that will be powered by a Graphene Energy Storage device created by the companies."

"The car will be named the "Edison Electron One" and will be built by the newly incorporated Edison Motor Cars. The companies will be collaborating with MK Technologies Ltd. (Request Rejected) in the design and creation of this spectacular automobile. The car's speed and economy will come from a uniquely designed power system of a electric drive unit for each wheel, this will give the Edison Electron One unequalled traction control of close to 1000 foot pounds of torque (1355 Newton meters), which is almost double the 560 foot pounds of a Ferrari 488 GTB, and a third more than that of the Tesla P85D which is rated at 713 foot pounds and slightly more than the Porsche 918 Spyder hybrid which is at 980 foot pounds (1328 Newton meter). The car is expected to be ready by the first quarter of 2016 and is expected to do zero to sixty in 2.0 to 2.2 seconds and be rechargeable in 5 minutes, subject to power availability at charging stations. The Company believes a whole industry will be created specifically for the charging of electric vehicles and that its storage system can facilitate this new industry. As far as distance, the "Edison Electron One" will perform to the same level of other competitive electric cars with the exception of being able to get much more of a charge in 5 minutes."

Sounds great. Don't like the fool-cell range extender, though. No need for that.

EDIT:
After doing some research, I'm confident to say that I think that this car will never make it - not even to prototype stage. Read this:
Sunvault Energy: Late Filings Aren't The Only Problems - Sunvault Energy, Inc. (OTCMKTS:SVLT) | Seeking Alpha

Last edited:
After reading the seeking alpha article and then the press release, it kinda sounds like scam artists at work to me. Hopefully I'm wrong...

Scam artists? No way, sounds totally realistic to me.
Oh, and haven't I said it already, I am also planning on building an electric supercar. I haven't started yet, but I expect it to be ready by Christmas, with mass production expected to start in Q1 of 2016. It will have a range of 900 miles on one charge, have 2,000hp, seat nine people, look like a Ferrari Enzo, recharge to full in ten minutes and use a revolutionary new battery technology called HypercellPowerboostMaXXimizer. It's based on the chemical compound fairydustium by the way.

Interested in investing? ;-)

Last edited:
They forgot to add that the car will cost a mere 5.000$, before taxes.

Reminds me of the Epic Rap Battle between Tesla and Edison, where Tesla is presented as the genuine inventor calling Edison a Con...

Tesla Motors vs. Edison Motors could've been awesome. Too many missed opportunities :crying:

There is **some** feasibility there... A graphene super capacitor (when the technology is ready and exceeds the current batteries) could be a very good candidate for replacing the batteries on the Tesla cars...

Lighter, faster charge, close to 99% recyclable, better power and all that associated with capacitor storage mediums.

There is **some** feasibility there... A graphene super capacitor (when the technology is ready and exceeds the current batteries) could be a very good candidate for replacing the batteries on the Tesla cars...

Lighter, faster charge, close to 99% recyclable, better power and all that associated with capacitor storage mediums.

I would love it. Of course, like Elon/Tesla, show me, don't tell me. Send the super capacitor to Tesla and let them test it.

Capacitors store energy as electric field between "distant atoms/ions", a battery stores energy in chemical bonds between "close atoms/ions".
First option has much lower theoretical energy density ceiling than the second one.
"HyperCapacitors" look promising in PR documents, in practice they are a dead end for big capacity traction packs.

“The fuel cell will be powered by an on demand Hydrogen generation unit built into the car and will only require water.”

They created perpetual motion!

Except on board Hydrogen generation unit will demand far more electricity than can be created by the fuel cell.

Scamity scam scam.