TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Edit button?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Daniel in SD, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Daniel in SD

Daniel in SD Member

Where is the edit button? I ordered a Performance and I'm wondering if the absence of the edit button might mean I'm in the first batch.

2. the_danimal

the_danimal Member

When did you order? My guess is they will literally churn out Performance version as fast as they get orders. I'd assume your getting your VIN.

3. Daniel in SD

Daniel in SD Member

Tuesday night. 5/31 online, owner.

4. the_danimal

the_danimal Member

Dude, you're totally getting a VIN.

5. Daniel in SD

Daniel in SD Member

Haha. I'm probably just not seeing the edit button!

6. MissyMcBee

MissyMcBee Member

folks, edit button only has existed for those that do not have all of their online ordering options checked off...if your account says that your delivery profile is completed than you will not have an edit button. if it is not complete because you are using Telsa financing or doing a trade In or have not submitted your reg details, drivers license and insurance, than your edit button will still appear.

• Informative x 1
  7. pcpro

pcpro Member

On a desktop: login, click Manage button. It's right here (search for Edit Design in your browser)
    Mine's gone but i have delivery on Saturday so I don't quite remember, but I know it said edit design

8. Daniel in SD

Daniel in SD Member

Thank you. All the boxes are checked so I guess that explains it.
    I'm hopeful that owner reservation in CA gets me close to the front of the line...

• Like x 1
  9. xdriv3

xdriv3 Member

Edit button is right hand side --- below the box that shows cost, says the following --

For immediate assistance, please contact
    (888) 51-TESLA or (888) 518-3752

Need to make changes? Edit Design
    Please note that changes to your order could impact delivery timing, insurance and price.

-----
    Didn't catch that on the first few glances.. I reserved 4/1 online, non-owner, east coast. Invited 6/27, config 6/28. Let's see how fast this goes..

I ordered the Red AWD 18" w/o performance. Hopefully this wait isn't too long.

10. MissyMcBee

MissyMcBee Member

take a screen shot of the manage page

11. MissyMcBee

MissyMcBee Member

depends on what is going on....i'm local to the factory (40 ish miles away) and i'm going LOCO watching these folks with July delivery estimates get their cars or those that had an April invites (like me) but didn't order until June already getting Vin's and delivery dates....am i a little sour? o_OYES....but hold on... I'm going to go drink some more Kool-Aid...i'lll be right back! :D:p:D

12. pcpro

pcpro Member

Understood now you're looking for Edit button on all the Registration information. Yes, when those are complete, it's gone. And what's odd is when you get contacted by Tesla via email, you may get a standard template email that says go update your insurance by clicking Edit, but it's not there. As long as it says complete on everything but payment, then you are fine. Of course, the payment all depends on how you're paying for it (3rd party financing, Tesla financing, cash)

Congrats on the order.

13. Trevor B

Trevor B Member

I haven't submitted any of that ... will it affect my delivery date? I'm assuming no.

14. Topher86

Topher86 Member

I configured on 5/20 and my edit button disappeared last night but I'm still waiting to be contacted to confirm my 3rd party loan info.. i hope this means i'll be contacted within the next day or so!

15. CtznSnips

CtznSnips Member

Nooo, I really was hoping that my edit button disappearing meant I'd be getting the car sooner. Ah well, I've waited 2+ years already, whats another few months...

16. Daniel in SD

Daniel in SD Member

Not there:
    Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 8.52.27 AM.png

17. Topher86

Topher86 Member

Woo! The edit button disappearing is real! Just got the call for at-home delivery on 7/1

• Like x 2
  18. cbutters

cbutters Member

Yep you are right... If I tell it I want to trade in my car; my edit button reappears.... kindof a weird system.

• Like x 1
  19. AngryClam

AngryClam Member

So if I change it to trade in my car, my edit button does not reappear. Not sure if that's now the case for everyone else.

20. cbutters

cbutters Member

Which model did you order? LR or AWD or P?